Curious

Cinderellen
on 1/14/06 12:20 pm - Winterville, NC
I've been looking at the list of people that I see are going to the conference. I'm wondering, am I the only pre-op attending? Not that it matters all that much, I'm just curious. ~Ellen
David@Goal
on 1/14/06 4:07 pm - VA
Ellen- There has not been a total list published - but off the top of my head- I think yes. But you are in GREAT company with others that have JUST had the surgery in the past month or two, and Jill Meador of MCV is looking forward to meeting you all and answering any questions at the "Pre-Op & Newly Post-Op" session. A majority of those attending are a year+ out, and you will be so happy to have these amazing people as friends when your time comes...trust me...INVALUABLE to have instant network of ppl at your disposal - because no matter how prepared - questions will come up you will need instant answers for! Looking forward to meeting you next week David
Cinderellen
on 1/14/06 10:14 pm - Winterville, NC
You are right David, I am looking forward to meeting those in person that I have read so much about. The profiles and responses on here have provided me, and other pre-ops, with a wealth of real experience that sometimes isn't readily available from doctors and publications. I am looking forward to the convention. ~Ellen
TammyNVA
on 1/14/06 8:24 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Ellen, I'm going to second what David said from the perspective of someone who is less than 2 months post-op! I am still learning and absorbing what is going on here, constantly!!! I look forward to meeting you. Tammy
Cinderellen
on 1/14/06 10:17 pm - Winterville, NC
I am looking forward to meeting you too. I hope all is well with your recovery. ~Ellen
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/14/06 10:33 pm - Danville, VA
Ellen....I still feel preop...although I just had my surgery on 12/16...we can still learn so much. Looking forward to meeting you. Hugs, Betsy
Cinderellen
on 1/15/06 3:28 am - Winterville, NC
Me too Betsy. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. ~Ellen
tsaxon
on 1/15/06 6:26 am - Charlottesville, VA
Ellen~ GO! I went to the first meet and greet in Richmond at David's hotel just two days before my surgery and it was the best thing I've ever done! You will be so inspired by talking to the folks and they will make you feel totally comfortable. You're lucky to have the chance to meet them before surgery - you'll know that they are all on your side and that, in itself, will make your trip to the losing side extra-special! Enjoy the weekend - I wish I could be there! Tracey
hobie
on 1/15/06 4:48 am - Manassas, VA
Nope, I'm pre-op too I'm excited about meeting everyone next weekend. I've been lurking on the board for about 2 months now. Off to finish shopping for next weekend...... - H
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views