Name tags for FRIDAY's dinner?

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/06 6:28 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello gals and guys - This is gonna be a quick post-by, I'm on my way out the door - hubby and I are going to catch some laughs at the local Comedy Club! Anyway - we were just thinking about ALL the people we're finally going to be able to meet and all the wonderful friends we'll be seeing AGAIN, can't wait. We also were thinking that maybe, just maybe ....NAME TAGS would be a good thing during dinner on Friday night? NOT while we're dancing and stuff on the 1st floor, but up on the 3rd floor when we're all together, yappin' and eating and socializing? I hate when I'm stumbling over names and it would be nice to glance at a name tag before I muck up and end up calling Cleve, James! (that's for YOU, Dianna!) I have to warn ALL of you - I'm horrific with names. I mentioned in an earlier post, I tend to use "hon, sweety and Hey YOU?" ...a lot in conversations because of it. It seems I've LOST my memory along with the weight. Sooooooooooooo - what are YOUR thoughts?!? Those of you attending the dinner - do you want to wear name tags? We're now at 40 people, including new additions: Courtney (Ms Court) Lacey (LB) and Leigh Ann (LA Woman). Paul is pretty good on the computer and he said he can capture your MESSAGE BOARD photos and stick them on a name tag with a sticky backing - if you don't have a photo, no problem, we'll grab your just your NAME! It can then be tossed AFTER dinner, so we're not walking around the club lookin' like certified NERDS, lol! Lemme know what ya'll think - have a great evening!! ~ Lei
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/14/06 6:43 am - Danville, VA
Lei...What a great idea...like you I am terrible with names....I am so looking forward to this and I was worrying about names. I am so used to seeing the faces...ya know?? Please, please, I am all for it!!!! I hope everyone else is too. Hugs to both you and Paul for the great idea.. Betsy
Susan E.
on 1/14/06 7:06 am - Purcellville, VA
Wonderful Idea
Tam
on 1/14/06 7:27 am - Richmond, VA
What a great idea! I am horrible with names as well! Tam
(deactivated member)
on 1/14/06 5:46 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Got it covered Sweet Pea .. !!! I told someone the same thing . How on earth will I ever remember everyone .. So when you register you will get a name tag .. and at that time you will be asked your " HANDLE " OR YOUR OH NAME if you have one . It is getting closer ! and I am too excited .. Hugs, Nat
(deactivated member)
on 1/14/06 8:17 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Natalie - Isn't the registration part of the conference on SATURDAY though? This post is about "temporary" name tags for FRIDAY nights dinner. Right now, we have about 40 people showing up at TCR for dinner on the 3rd floor can they (we) register early and pick up our name tags on Friday? I didn't think that the registration was until the next morning, hollar back at me and let me know, okay? Hugs - Lei
TammyNVA
on 1/14/06 8:15 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Great Idea! FYI: my husband's name is Kyle Tammy
cappymoon
on 1/15/06 5:12 am - Northern, VA
YES, YES, YES.... I am just as bad with names, until I get to know you And our SN and REAL names would be nice (I already told hubby his tag shall say Cappy's Husband, he didnt look amused! Then I told him he needed to wear it or I might call him James.....even less amused ) So, did I put my vote in for name tags yet???? Cant wait to see everyone!! Dianna
nitengale
on 1/15/06 5:42 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
Works for me sweet cheeks!!!
Ric
on 1/15/06 9:24 pm - Stafford, VA
PLEASE.........I have problems remembering my own name for gods sake. Thanks see ya soon !
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views