Just asking

MMasr190
on 1/14/06 11:17 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I am new to this site and I just took the first step to wanting to have the surgery. My PCP gave me the name of a doctor in the Virginia Beach/Chesapeake area. I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about this doctor, or suggest someone else in the VA Beach area. The name I was given is Dr. Eric Yancy. Thank you Michele
wanda
on 1/14/06 8:30 pm
Michele, I'm not familiar with the doctor you mentioned (I live in Richmond), but I did want to welcome you to the Virginia board and let you know that you're making a great step investigating this surgery. I wish you well and if you have any questions about the surgery process itself, feel free to email me. Have a great day! ~Wanda
(deactivated member)
on 1/14/06 9:35 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Michele ~ I live in VaBeach but unfortunately, I'm NO Help to the local doctors, hospitals, and or support groups in this area. I had my surgery in Washington, 3 years ago, and that's where all my "info" stems from. I know we have lots of posters in the VaBeach Tidewater area, hopefully they can help you with your question. Aslo, I found Dr. Yancy's info here on the OH site. Hopefully this link will work for you - click on it and it'll bring up a list of ALL his patients that are registered OH members who've listed him as their doctor. http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+profile+Eric+Yancy+fch.html When I researched my surgeon, I found that the journals/profiles from others who'd actually used him was the greatest source of information - hopefully that's the case for you too. Good luck to you - Lei
Christine Hood
on 1/15/06 11:52 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Hi Michele, I have not had the surgery yet but have had my surgeon consultation and am going thru the many tests required for approval. Anyway, I believe that Dr Yancy is associated with the Norfolk Surgical Group. My Dr (Snyder) is with that group as well. I really like Dr Snyder and everyone at NSG seems to be very helpful. Christine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views