Finally some WOW moments for me

Ms Court
on 1/14/06 2:49 am - Remington, VA
Okay so I admit I have been a little down about my journey. I see everyone having these wonderful WOW moments and big losses and I didn't have any and wanted that for me. I am a "slow" loser. Finally this week I got a few. So first I ran into a lady that worked with my mom, I haven't seen her in about a year. I was chatting to her, all bundle up in my jacket and she suddenly goes "Well you look really good, you must have lost some weight, you look great", boy was I stoked about this. I beamed for the rest of the day. So I know it is not a bad thing to be a slow loser and I also know that everything we do affects our loss. Well I do struggle with my fluid intake, this week I have pushed myself big time with this and I also started water aerobics. Well I have lost 3 lbs already this week when I usually average only 5 lbs every two weeks. Hopefully I have found some of the keys to make my tool work. And finally, I went out last night with a gentleman friend who is my absolute best friend and knows everything about me. Well of course I was the designated driver so I was drinking water. Well the bartender wa****ting on me. He kept making special trips to our table (we were at a pool hall) when my friend was away from the table to ask me if everything was okay and bring me fresh water. It was so cool. Then when we went to leave and were walking through the building I noticed that I was walking differently (more sure of myself), I commented to my friend and he says "You have a strut now, I noticed about 45 seconds after we got out of the car." And yep that is about what it was. I was strutting. Today I am just glowing. Courtney 6 1/2 weeks out - 38 lbs.
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/14/06 3:51 am - Danville, VA
Courtney, I too am a slow loser...but you are ahead of me! I am 4 weeks out and lost 26 pounds. I think with my age, 55, I will take it off alot slower than you young chicks... Anyway, slow or not, people are noticing you and are looking wonderful. So you keep strutting your stuff little lady and keep that glow... Hugs a bunch Betsy
Ms Court
on 1/14/06 9:47 am - Remington, VA
Thanks Betsy. It does feel good. Courtney 6 1/2 weeks - 38 lbs
TammyNVA
on 1/14/06 4:32 am - Chesterfield, VA
I know you ladies say you are slow losers, and we all had surgery within 2 weeks of one another... I've lost 43 pounds as of Wednesday, HOWEVER, I've got 150 pounds to lose... I believe you both have a bit less to lose and that makes a big difference. If you looked at percentage of weight lost, you are a HUGE loser!!! I'm so proud of you, Courtney, and the guy hitting-on-you thing will only get better!!! Keep up that strut, girl! Tammy
Ms Court
on 1/14/06 9:50 am - Remington, VA
Thanks Tammy. Well actually it isn't all that huge of a loss. You have me beat and I also have 150 to lose but I know everyone is different and they all lose differently. Courtney 6 1/2 weeks out - 38 lbs
Kathy & Rich
on 1/14/06 4:39 am - Fairfax, VA
Court, EXCELLENT! First of all, is 38 lbs in 6.5 weeks really slow? I think not! Have you ever been able to lose weight that fast? C'mon now. You are doing fabulous. At two months post-op I was down 33 lbs so you are ahead of where I was at the same point. Please, please try not to compare your own loss to everyone else - it will ALWAYS depress you since there are always people out there that will lose faster than you but also there are just as many people out there losing at about the same rate and then there are the ones who are losing slower than you. Please, celebrate the progress you are making. It does take quite a while to notice the weight loss. The noticing happens all of a sudden too. You see the scale moving but you don't "see it" then whammo - wow! Be sure to notice all the small subtle changes that happen and celebrate them. Yes, the new spring in your step or should I say "strut". Notice that the seatbelt fits better. Clothing is getting looser. It is easier to tie your shoes. You can cross your legs. You don't get winded walking up a couple of flights of steps. Celebrate it all! It is all worth celebrating. Savor all of it! Make sure that if the weight seems to be coming off slow during a stretch to measure yourself. Often we don't seem to lose weight and inches at the same time. It is funny how that works. Keep on glowin'! Go, girl, go! When you going to see that bartender again? Kathy
Ms Court
on 1/14/06 9:54 am - Remington, VA
Thanks for the encouragement Kathy. Sometimes it is hard mentally. I am not sure when I will see the bartender but maybe with everyone else noticing me my gentleman friend will take notice also. Courtney 6 1/2 weeks out - 38 lbs
Kathy & Rich
on 1/14/06 10:18 am - Fairfax, VA
Court, Oh your gentleman friend is one of those friends. I suspect he has already noticing. Hence the "I saw the strut..." Good luck! Kathy
wanda
on 1/14/06 4:44 am
Courtney, Congratulations on your wow moments! You should be strutting and sounds like your loss is going just great! Keep up the great work and enjoy your wonderful success! ~Wanda
Ms Court
on 1/14/06 9:55 am - Remington, VA
Thanks Wanda. It has been a fun week. Courtney 6 1/2 weeks out - 38 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views