The Answers: Little Known Facts

Kathy & Rich
on 1/13/06 5:05 am - Fairfax, VA
Post your answers here and any explanations!
Kathy & Rich
on 1/13/06 5:05 am - Fairfax, VA
. My favorite sandwich growing up was Velvetta with sweet pickles on white bread. Sweet and salty at the same time. Definitely was a fav. Now I cannot imagine the white bread itself! 2. I like to knit and crochet and have made myself a few cool sweaters this fall/winter. Nope. Damn, I'm so transparent. I should have been more creative. I did use to do cross stitching. 3. I met Keith Richards at a backyard BBQ which was a college graduation and 60th birthday party. My friend Scott was cousin of Keith's wife Patty Hansen (former super model). 4. I once went to a heavy metal club in Brooklyn to see a coworker that was in a band called Intense Mutilation. Yes, I worked with a very conservative guy that liked underground heavy metal music. He formed a "fake" band with a couple of friends and they made poor quality tapes of *noise* not really music and it got fairly well circulated. It was a joke at first but then they had fun with it. They actually found some instruments and recorded a tape. Eventually had a live performance. While I did go to the club...I was somewhat freaked out and was way out of place and ended up leaving before the performance. If it were today...I'd be there and woulda had fun! 5. I use to live in a house that had > 40,000 books in it. http://www.geocities.com/dbookmaam/homesweethome.html There are the pictures. My ex-husband was an obsessive compulsive hoarder. I was fine until the books invaded the general living space and the money issues that come with collecting that much stuff. When I met him he had been collecting since age 13 and had about 25,000 most were in the basement, one bedroom and about 5,000 still at his mom's house in Detroit. We started eBaying his duplicate copies and he started selling on the web which gave him cash influx (actually he spent way more than he had - another big issue) to buy more and more to sell and for himself. The more in then out concept for selling was lost on him. In the 6 years from the time I met him to the time I left him...he took that 25,000 and upped it to 70,000. Yes, 70,000. I only listed 40,000 since we had a full 20 by 10 storage until full to the rafters so it wasn't in the house. The house filled up too room by room until there was no room for me. In the words of Dave Barry, "There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness".
elizabeth b-c
on 1/13/06 6:07 am - Charlottesville, VA
Kathy, thanks for starting this thread...so fun. 1. I was the French's Mustard girl in their commercials when I was in elementary school. True. I was spotted during a cattle call for this: 2. I was in a commercial and a Tiger Beat picture with the Partridge Family. Also true. I just wish I still had a copy of the Tiger Beat. 3. I am an only child. Nah, oldest of six. 4. My first paying job was for the Tonight Show. True. Growing up in Burbank California had its perks. 5. I have camped in every state in the country except Hawaii. True. My parents had wanderlust, and we camped coast to coast every other summer. Thanks again...this was fun. elizabeth
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/13/06 6:20 am - Danville, VA
Hi Kathy... I really was a child model at the tender age of 4-5....my lie was the cheerleader...always wanted to but never could... Hugs, Betsy
A10sFrau
on 1/13/06 7:30 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Fun! 1.) I went to one of Nixon's inaugural balls and made my own gow3n of navy blue satin. True. I church friend who always wanted to date me was in the Young Republicans at UVa. I was still in HS. He got his tickets from the YRs ($75 each then) and I proceded to make a new dress. Thought I looked like a million dollars in my $15 dress until I saw the movers and shakers in their thousand dollar gowns. Saw Guy Lombardo, although the younger set was NOT dancing to his music. Surprises people when I tell them this true story. 2.) I won a trip to Germany by placing first at the 4th year level in the state of VA. Then I get mono the last 2 weeks of my senior year and the folks wouldn't let me go. #2 got to go. Since I had already been to Germany I felt like it was God's will for that young man to go for the first time. 3.) It would take forever to retell the story of my dog, my ridiculous neighbor and the tiown council. It is true though. Glasgow town council reaches compromise over dog. The neighbor is petrified of my Rottie and make up stories about her hoping to have the town council tell me I have to get rid of her. Thank goodness a councilman lives 2 doors down and common sense eventually rules. 4.) Never did live in Germany for more than a summer. Shucks. 5.) My daughter and I were members of Blue and Gray Search and Rescue and she was training her GWP to be a wilderness SAR K9--until we realized what a loveable wuss he is. Just doesn't have the temperament for the work. Lois
MrsTonyaBrown
on 1/13/06 7:54 am - Jacksonville, FL
1. I grew up on a dairy farm and learned to milk a cow by hand and we were so poor, that our swimming pool was runoff from any rain that pooled in our yard. *This is true. My father was labeled a "laborer" and we moved from dairy farm to dairy farm and everything we owned was from Salvation Army or handme downs. All my clothes growing up were too small because mom could never find clothes to fit me once I started spreading out.* 2. I once saw Rudolph's nose over our house on Christmas Eve. *This is true. It was a plastic reindeer in the tree that hung over our house until it fell one year and hit my mom's car. lol* 3. I have been engaged three times, all to guys named Michael who have dark, curly hair, one of whom I married. *This is false. I've only been engaged twice, both to Mikes, both with dark, curly hair.* 4. I taught myself to read at age 3. *This is true. We had no tv reception way out where we lived, no cable, and many times, no electricity, and no friends my age, so I taught myself to read.* 5. When I graduated high school, I had three full pay scholorships from prestigious universities and turned them all down to go to the local community college that I later dropped out of. *This is true. I was young, naive, and very scared. Depression was just rearing it's ugly head but I didn't know it until my last semester at jr college when I burned out and became locked inside myself for six months.* Tonya
kizie23
on 1/13/06 10:33 am - blacksburg, VA
This was so fun. Yes, my grandfather taught Rick James to play the guitar. When he passed away ( my grandfather) Rick James sent limos and things of that nature for the funneral. Yes, I saw the show a few weeks about him. It was wierd to watch. I have never had the chance to meet him, but would love to. The not so truthful post I do not have three children. I have two one boy and one girl. Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/06 10:55 am - Henrico, VA
Okay, here it is: 1. I have three grandchildren. Yes, its true, they are 5, 22 months and 16 months (and of course, the cutest kids I have ever seen) 2. I lived near Santa's house in North Pole for 10 years. Yes, its true, I lived two blocks from the Santa Claus House in North Pole, Alaska.....bbbuuurrrrrrr!! 3. I met Toby Keith at the Toby Keith Bar and Grill in Las Vegas. Nope, wish I could say this one is true, but it is not. 4. My great grandmother was the first woman sheriff in the United States. Yes indeed!! McHenry County, North Dakota 5. I always wanted to be a beautician. Yup, its true.....if I ever decide to grow up, this is definitely what I want to be!
TammyNVA
on 1/14/06 8:10 pm - Chesterfield, VA
1. My dad and then ex-husband were both in the Navy soooo 10 schools through high school, 6 colleges/universities. 2. 1991 - stationed in Subic Bay, Philippine Islands... Mt Pinatubo 3. Yep - BSBA Finance and Accounting 4. Yep - hadn't learned the lesson of never taking no for an answer without looking for more options. One of my friends actually got local companies to sponsor her and she worked for some of them over summers and school breaks! 5. Nope! Dad grew up on a dairy farm, northern PA. This was fun...sorry I was so late in joining in. Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views