RICHMOND Dinner Friday *Update*

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/06 4:02 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
If you missed the original post from this morning, here is the link - http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VA/postdetail/37448.html?vc=0 It'll give you ALL the details as to what THIS thread is now talking about and if you would like to be added to the group/list it's NOT too late - just speak, er, type up NOW so we can work out the arrangements on the table space needed. So far, we have the following for dinner on Friday night: Lynda M (from FL) = 1 Natalie = 1 Paul & Leilani = 2 Eileen & Mike = 2 Nicole (aka Smu****) and hubby = 2 Jen G. & Hubby = 2 Jill D. & Jon D = 2 Dianna & Hubby = 2 Betsy = 1 Paula W. = 1 Shannon (aka Shanana) = 1 Susan E. = 1 Tammy C = 3 Sara E. = 1 Sub-Total = 22 Here is a link to the restaurant: http://www.thetobaccocompany.com/index.html An earlier post from GAIL S. suggested that several of us call the Tobacco Company and just get their max reservations for 10 peeps multiplied by the number of tables we needed. I just called them to reserve at least 1 table for 10 and was going to ask someone else to reseve another. However, the lady I spoke with (Rachel) said she could actually take a reservation for TWENTY (20) people on the third floor. Does anyone know what/where the THIRD FLOOR IS?!? Is this still part of the restaurant? Natalie? David?? Is this the area that "we" ate dinner at last time we were all together?!? She assured me it would be the full dinner menu. Anyway - I NOW have a reservation in place for 20 peeps under MY name "Leilani". They are going to email me a confirmation and I'll be giving them a credit card to HOLD the table so if you're NOT going to show up - please let me know in advance, so I can adjust the numbers with the restaurant. We MIGHT need to get ONE more table reserved - depending on who else might still be interested in going and depending on if Gail and Karen have room for anymore with their table. Gail? Karen?? What floor did they put you at? What time are ya'll meeting for dinner? Would you like to be "grouped together" and sit up on the 3rd floor too, assuming we end up with a total of 35 to 40 people? If you want to email me direct - my address is: [email protected] ****** NOTE ****** Per the Tobacco Company, I can only reserve ONE table under my name, for 20 people. So if we do have to reserve another table, someone else will have to handle that. I'll firm it all up again later and do another recap in the morning! - Lei
Kelli
on 1/13/06 4:27 am - Portsmouth, VA
Hey girlie!!! Long time see or hear ( not since "The Banque" this fall) I cant wait to see you and paul. Jay and I will be there for the whole kit and kaboddle. Friday night, shaking our booty. Count us in. Love and hugs, Kelli
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/06 4:38 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello YOU, long time no see!!! LOL - ya know, it's pretty bad when we have to both drive TWO HOURS out of town to see each other again, living this close?!? We're gonna have to do something about that, dontcha think? Maybe we can have another VaBeach get together mid or late February? It'll be WONDERFUL seeing you and Jay again - I'll add you both to the revised list making the total now 24! Hugs - Lei
Jen_G
on 1/13/06 4:31 am - in, VA
The third floor is where kelly and I ate last time I think...it was nice and full menu and out of the way sort of. If you have a reservation for 20 and the other person has one for 10 that will probably cover us.
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/06 4:43 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
[whew] glad to hear the 3rd floor is NOT the janitors closet! I was kinda worried that it might be the bar area that our group started off at during the last Richmond greet. Although I enjoyed it, they only had a "bar food" kinda menu. The problem with having a table for 20 and a table for 10 is that we will be on different floors for sure. The lady I spoke with (Rachel) said that if we ended up with TWO tables of 20, not only would be be on the same floor (all tables of 15 to 20, end up on the 3rd floor) but she also thought she could keep us right next to each other. I'm waiting to hear back from Gail or Karen - but if they're time frame is for 7:30, maybe we can combine groups and come up with enough tables for the 3rd floor. If they already have 10 people, we currently have 26 - so combining 2 reservations of 18 to 20 each could be doable? Anyway - I have you and your sweety down, TC for dinner at 7:30, it is!
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/06 9:10 am - Henrico, VA
Leilani, Please add Rick and I to the list for Friday night at the TC. And if you need someone to reserve another table in their name, just send me the number and I can do it. Thanks, can't wait to meet you all!!! Hugs, Patty
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/06 8:49 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Ya know .. I got to laughing last night .. I thought about the menu they gave us when we where all there at the TC the last time together .. and how .. I think it was Kathy - or Kathy and Rich .. or maybe it was Wendy .. that ordered the Grits and Crawl Fish .. I remember us passing that big 0le bowl of .. Red stuff around for everyone to taste .. and all of us saying .. that " that dish would not be one we ordered again " IT was ok .. but seeing everyone try it was a hoot ! I love their Portabella Mushroom Salad .. with Motzerella cheese and that heavenly Balsamic Dressing .. If any of you have not been there .. The food is OUTSTANDING ! And the dancing is the bomb ! Lei and I danced almost all night .. Please ask Paul to bring more cigars .. I love those thangs .. and seeing the men smoking this is a riot !!! I am so excited .. seeing new friends and re-visiting with all of you .. it is like Homecoming for me .. Well .. off to shop for shoes and a handbag ! Love ya .. Nat
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/06 11:45 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Natalie - Sooooooooooooooooo - are you back from shopping? Did you pick up the SILVER shoes? Hmmmm?? Did ya'?? Details missy, details. Thank you SO MUCH for the email this morning and all the INFORMATION you shared. It's so very helpful and gives Paul and I a better "idea" of the structure, or maybe even the non-structure more comfortable setting. We plan to have our side of it all wrapped up THIS weekend. Thankfully, he has Monday off so it gives us an extra day to do just that. Hey? I forgot about that Grits monstrosity - didn't I LIKE IT?? I can't see ME not liking anything with grits in it - and then to make it down right ******ic, add seafood. Snatching up my fork and bib, shove that plate my way! LOL - I'll be sure to show your post to Paul, he'll get a kick outta' that CIGAR comment. Hell, he'll probably wanna sit near YOU all night, cause I find them things to be stinky and encourage him to do it OUTDOORS! See you soon, Im typing on major adrenaline right now, excitement is in da' air. Hugs - Lei (so, about those shoes?)
(deactivated member)
on 1/14/06 1:04 am - Grass Doghouse by da' beach, VA
Cigars are on the way Off to pick up the stash of Arturo Fuente's and/or Macanudo's this afternoon (I'z running low!) I still owe Rick one from the LAST Richmond get together! See y'all next weekend! -Paul
(deactivated member)
on 1/13/06 11:31 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
~*~ REVISED LIST - Saturday morning @ 10:30 ~*~ We have the following names reserved for dinner on Friday night @ 7:30 at the Tobacco Company Restaurant: Lynda M (from FL) = 1 Natalie = 1 Paul & Leilani = 2 Eileen & Mike = 2 Nicole (aka Smu****) and hubby = 2 Jen G. & Kelly G. = 2 Jill D. & Jon D = 2 Dianna (aka Cappymoon) & James = 2 Betsy = 1 Paula W. = 1 Shannon (aka Shanana) = 1 Susan E. = 1 Tammy C & Steve C. and Kathryn (friend) = 3 Sara E. = 1 Kelly & Jay = 2 Patty S. (from MD) and Rick P. = 2 Tammy George & Hubby = 2 Tony T. (from NY) = 1 Nannette (from NJ) = 1 .....................................................................Sub-Total = 30 Donna Mae & Greg = 2 Gail Sweeny = 1 Karen Showalter = 1 + 6 (?) ................................................................ possible total = 40 Here is a link to the restaurant if anyone wants to check out there menu: http://www.thetobaccocompany.com/index.html RECAP: The way it stands now, we have one table for 20 reserved under MY name "Leilani" (yep, just under the first name - for those that aren't sure, it's pronounced "Lay-la-nee") We are working on getting the SECOND table for 20 reserved. Patty called them this morning and the lady that handles the "larger groups" is not working this weekend. No one else handles that area, so we're on hold till first thing Monday morning. Gotta LOVE when a plan comes together, and man'o man is this one doing just that. Soooooooooooooooo can ya' tell I'm getting EXCITED?!?!?!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views