Get this..

Smukums
on 1/12/06 1:37 am - Richmond, VA
Ok so i went to the doctor today to get checked out and ask her to order some tests to help with my appeal. Well for the past few weeks i have had abdominal pains/chest pains - i even thought it was from caffiene withdrawal (you will think anything when you got the jitters!) - it has gotten worse the past two days - well she thinks it is my galbladder and she rushed me over to the hospital for an ultrasound. Ok i haven't had kids yet - but i didn't think an ultrasound was suppose to hurt as bad as it did. Well i have been in pain since about 9 am due to people poking and proding - how come it is when you tell someone you hurt somewhere it is the human nature in us to poke it! Don't poke the monkey! So after screaming in pain while she ran this thing over me - she sends me home to wait. What is up with that? Has anyone been through this? the last thing i want to have come up right now is my galbladder. I am suppose to be going to vegas in a week - i can't be laid up! I am suppose to be partying in a week as well - i dont have time for this nonsense. Plus can't they just take it when i have the gastric bypass - whenever that may be. Anyway that is my rant for this morning. If anyone has been through this or knows of anything i can do to get rid of this pain - i will love you forever! Painfully, Nicole
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/12/06 1:56 am - Danville, VA
Oh, Nicole...I am so sorry you aren't feeling good....I had my gall bladder taken out years ago before they did it laposcopic....(hence alot of my scar tissue) but I do know it was very painful. Stay away from anything with fat in it as it tends to trigger the attacts. I know all about poking and probbing....Hey, guys we are already in pain? Why cause more? I guess it is for a reason but it isn't a comfort when they are doing it. I sure hope everything turns out alright for you and you will be able to go on your trip. It would be nice if they could do both at the same time....seems alot simpiler....Keep us updated..we care and love ya. Hugs, Betsy
Smukums
on 1/12/06 2:05 am - Richmond, VA
aww thank you Betsy! I am going to eat soup today and that is it. I know the test is only to help but it just has stirred up the pain. Yeah I am hoping she will call and say it is something simple and give me some medicine and that is it. I had my psych eval scheduled today for my appeal and i had to cancel that so i am bummed about it. I hate being negative and pessimistic (sp?) but i guess we can't be cheery all the time But thank you for your kind words! How are you doing today? Much Love, Nicole
A10sFrau
on 1/12/06 2:08 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I feel bad for you. If you need gallbladder surgery at least it flared up now and NOT while you are thousands of miles away from home. Good luck and God bless. Send us updates! Lois
Smukums
on 1/12/06 2:11 am - Richmond, VA
oh you are so right- i never thought about that this morning! yeah i am just hanging out here until the doc calls. I also guess this is a warm up for me so i can learn to be patient for the surgery you guys are so wonderful! Its a shame everyone who needed this surgery doesn't live in va and can be part of this group! Loves, Nicole
Tam
on 1/12/06 2:23 am - Richmond, VA
Nicole, I am sorry you are in pain! I never had that problem, but Dr. Hutcher routinely removes the gallbladder if you still have it when he does surgery. Please let me know how things are and I hope you can still come tongiht. Hugs! Tammy
ruthb
on 1/12/06 4:47 am - Richmond area, VA
While it may not be the smartest thing to do, you can put off dealing with your gallbladder (of course, that's if the problem winds up to be your gall bladder). I had several intense attacks, but kept it mainly at bay for three years through diet. It was finally removed when I had my RNY. Hope you're feeling better soon. Ruth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views