YEAH!!! I GOT MY DATE!!!

Julie R.
on 1/11/06 11:54 pm - Belspring, VA
I talked to Dr. Lucktong's office this morning, and they have scheduled me for surgery on FEBRUARY 8th!!!!! I can barely contain myself The only drawback is with it less than a month away, I don't know if my mom will be able to take off work to help take care of me. She is a nurse, and I really looked forward to the private nurse treatment. Unfortunatley, the people who oversee the hospital she works for remind me of the Days off need to be put in a month in advance. They won't even let their employees take any sick days until they have been out sick for two days (the first two days come from annual leave) and even then they need a doctor's excuse. Please send a little thought our way hoping that she will be able to get off. Of course, my husband will be by my side but it's nice to have your mommy Thanks everyone for the support when I was down about getting a date. With the psyc exam delay, I figured my date would be the end of February or early March. That is what they told me during the consult initially. 27 days till the loosing side Wish me luck! Julie
Ms Court
on 1/12/06 12:01 am - Remington, VA
Congrats Julie. Enjoy the journey. Courtney 6 weeks out - 35 lbs
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/12/06 12:07 am - Danville, VA
Oh, Julie, I am so excited for you. That is wonderful and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that your mom will be able to get off. Dr. Lucktong assisted Dr. White with my surgery last month and they are wonderful. I can't say enough about them or their office staff. I love them all. You will be so thin by summer, we won't know you. Another butterfly about to crawl out of her cocoon. I am truely excited for you...I have goosey bumps... I am so happy that you are so young and have so much life left in you. I was a late loser! Be 56 in March and probably lose much slower than you young chickens but I will be there...please relax and enjoy the journey! If there is anyway I can help please let me know. Hugs, Betsy
cappymoon
on 1/12/06 12:09 am - Northern, VA
That is wonderful news Julie!! Good luck, and if you need anything, you know where we are Dianna
A10sFrau
on 1/12/06 12:20 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Congratulations!! You aren't far behind me. Lois
DeniseinVA
on 1/12/06 12:24 am - Midlothian, VA
I know how you feel, and it feels wonderful!!! Enjoy it. I havent stopped smiling since I found out I am having surgery on 2/20, so I know you are just about to burst Denise
ElizabethC
on 1/12/06 12:36 am - Wirtz, VA
That's so fabulous, Julie!!! I know what you mean about having help. My husband and mom both work full (and I mean FULL!) time jobs, so scheduling will be a bit of a nightmare, but it can be done. So happy for you!!!! Think how great Valentine's will be for you Happy Momma
Kimds
on 1/12/06 5:01 am - Roanoke, VA
Congratulations!!! I had Dr. Lucktong and he is WONDERFUL!!! So was the staff at RMH. You are in good hands and everything will work out. I know what it means to have family around. I went to stay with my mom and dad for a week after surgery. Can you mom take FMLA.
kizie23
on 1/12/06 7:02 am - blacksburg, VA
Julie, I am so happy for you. I know this has been something you have wanted for a long time. I will keep you and your mother in my thoughts and prayers. Melissa
Kathleen L.
on 1/12/06 9:24 am - Arlington, VA
Congratulations on getting your Surgery Date. It will be here before you know it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views