A pound a day

TammyNVA
on 1/11/06 7:32 pm - Chesterfield, VA
I am soooo amazed by what is happening to my body!! I weighed in at the physical therapy office yesterday so I'd have a weight for the VA weight loss count... and on day 43 I've lost 43 pounds!! It just doesn't seem possible!!! And here, I thought it would take me at least a year to lose 100 pounds! I also realize I'm in for an awakening soon, based on other's experiences. I'm sure the plateau genie will be here to visit me eventually. That's one reason I don't have a scale (one that works anyway!) Have a wonderful day everyone I'm back to work... full force... 10 hour days everyday this week so far, so a lot less time to post. I'm still reading ALL post though. Love ya, Tammy
ElizabethC
on 1/11/06 8:19 pm - Wirtz, VA
Way ta go, Tammy!!! I can't wait (or is that weight?!) to be on that bandwagon too Keep up the great work! Happy Momma
TammyNVA
on 1/13/06 8:24 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks Momma, The time will go by before you know it. Tammy
yvette223
on 1/11/06 8:47 pm - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
Tammy that is wonderful, keep up the good work, 12 more days and i will be on your side too yvette
tanalea
on 1/11/06 9:28 pm - Richmond, VA
Congrats tammy...just remember to measure yourself also because just when you think the plateau ha**** you ...you will find you are losing inches even when it seems you arent losing weight...this happened to me about four months out i was bummed because from one month to the next i didnt lose one pound and i was screaming oh no...not yet ..but i measured every week and in that same time period i lost over 10 inches overall...4 of those off my waist alone..so what i was told that my body was conforming to my rapid weight loss during that time frame..then i started losing again but a little slower..and thankfully thats the way it happened for me ...so i have ended up not requiring a lot of plastic surgery which my ins wont pay for good luck to you on your journey tana open rny oct 03 236/150 holding almost two years
TammyNVA
on 1/13/06 8:26 pm - Chesterfield, VA
After reading this from many posters, I've decided I'm going to get my pre-op measurements from the Dr when I return Monday. I'll start measuring weekly and track that. Since I don't weigh at home, that will be a good reassurance for me. Thanks! Tammy
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/11/06 9:53 pm - Danville, VA
Tammy, that is wonderful! What an amazing tool this is. I think I have already hit a plateau but I know it will pick up again...I am still on pureed foods! I may be wrong as I just bought a cheap scale and it isn't set with the dr office yet. Anyway, any weight I lose will be wonderful. I now have knuckles and knees!!!! Good luck now that you are back to work...Make sure you are drinking alot of water and getting in your protein. Keep us up dated on your progress but it looks as though you are doing great. I am proud of you. Hugs, Betsy
TammyNVA
on 1/13/06 8:30 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Betsy, Thanks!!! The cheap scales don't work! That's what we have and when ever I step on it, it gives me any ole' kind of weight. Never correct! Sometimes it even says over my Pre-op weight! Crazy. I'm going to shift to the measurement method of tracking at home and then just weigh at the doctors. Also, since I'm going to physical therapy, I can always weight there, which I may do once per week. Hang in there... from the elbow down, my arms and hands like like a "thin person's!" See ya Friday, Tammy
A10sFrau
on 1/11/06 11:33 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Congratulations, Tammy!! I am getting quite eager for MY time in 13 days. Lois
TammyNVA
on 1/13/06 8:31 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks Lois!! The time is flying by.... Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views