For the Clothing Exchange at the Conference

Jen_G
on 1/11/06 4:48 am - in, VA
My husband has said he will be willing to sort through the clothes into appropriate sizes and such since we will be in classes. It would be easier on him if you do a quick sort first. You can begin dropping clothes off at our room on Friday. We'll probably get down there early because I'm taking Friday off. We are going to the Tabacco Company so we'll be gone after 700. You can also drop them off on Saturday morning or through the day. Men please feel free to bring your stuff as well. I'm sure us ladies aren't the only ones shrinking out of clothes or in need of things that fit! I'm glad this is coming together. And no fighting
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/06 6:27 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hey Jen - that is terrific, I'm glad you are doing this. I haven't read through all the posts on this yet, but is there an interest for size 1X-3X?? That's mostly what I have but I don't know if anyone would want them. MOst are casual tops and stretch jeans. I'll keep checking to see if there is any interest, if not, I won't bother to bring them. Thanks again Jen - and I promise I won't fight anyone but I will be racing to the size 16s!! Not that I'm there yet, but something for me to work to!! Well, I don't know if I'm there yet, I haven't tried any on, but my sweet friend Jill keeps insisting that I probably am, so maybe I will try one something!! Oh my gosh, what if I'm in a size 10 and I don't know it!! See 'ya, I'm on my way out the door to go try on some clothes!! love donna
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/11/06 6:32 am - Danville, VA
Donna, I am a 1x for right now...and I love the stretch jeans...I live in them until I get down further.... Hugs, betsy
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/06 6:45 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Betsy, well I have a ton of 1X!! But I think they are 'big' 1X cause I wore one today and they were so baggy and I don't think I'm that much out of it myself. But some are capri length so they'll just fit your sweet little body!! My tops are long - tunic l guess -- so probably too long for you. donna
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/11/06 6:34 am - Danville, VA
Hi Jen.....I promise not to fight over the clothes but as short as I am, please make sure I don't get buried underneath stuff!!! I am truely 5'0". hehe Your hubbie is a real sweetie to do this for us. Please thank him for me. And thank you for the wonderful idea.. Hugs, Betsy
cappymoon
on 1/11/06 8:06 am - Northern, VA
Aww, that is so sweet of hubby to do for us!! Give him a big ol from me! This is falling together nicely, thanks so much for doing this Jen!! And remind people we have people from ALL PHASES OF THIS JOURNEY and that ALL SIZES ARE WELCOME!!! And if the stuff is not taken, surley the charity we donate to will welcome ESPECIALLY the bigger sizes. I could never find those in the thrift store! So, bring them on!! Dianna
KathieKathie
on 1/13/06 1:04 am - Manassas, VA
I am definitely going to bring what I can! This is so sweet of you to put together, and even sweeter that your hubby is willing to help sort and stuff. I may have an extra pair of hands with me (Jim) to help him - so he won't be on his own! One question: If stuff doesn't all get picked up, what should we do? Should we plan to pick up what's left of our stuff at the end, or, are you going to make one big dump to somewhere like SERVE? (I like SERVE, personally, I know they give stuff for free to those in need, they don't just sell everything.) If you need help hauling to SERVE (it's in Manassas), I volunteer! Kathie
Jen_G
on 1/16/06 2:16 am - in, VA
Hey Kathy, I was planning on donating what ever was left over. I don't know where SERVE is, but that sounds like a good place for it to go. It would be great if you could help get it there. Thanks! Kelly would love the help I'm sure Jen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views