Did YOU know?

(deactivated member)
on 1/10/06 8:23 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning gals and guys ~ Did you know.....that there are Eleven (11) UPCOMING surgeries posted to the VA Roster over the next 30 days? I tend to forget to click on that feature and thought that maybe others may also forget, or not even know it exists. On the left hand side of the message board screen there is a blue column with a variety of hyper links. One link is for "Upcoming Surgeries in VA" and it keeps a running (30 day) list of those that have updated a surgery date to their profile page. I've left comments on all of the surgery pages and noticed that there were very few well wishes already posted. Now first, let me say this is NOT a "guilt trip" kinda post - If you have the time and want/can drop a few words of encouragement to these people, GREAT, if you don't - it's no big deal. I woke up this morning and happent to have a lotta' time on my hands and keyboards. The primary reason for my post is to make people AWARE that this surgery function exists and it's actually very easy to access. Below is the link for the upcoming surgeries: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/VA/upcomingsurgeries.html The link brings up the members names, surgery dates, profile, etc. ? Click on the individuals PROFILE link. ? Click on the "Surgery Support Page" link (top right hand corner of profile) ? Click on the "Post your comments here" link (left side, midway) ? Type in your comments then click on the "Post your Comments" button. As far as getting back to the master list to post to another persons page - Ive yet to figure out the magic trick to that. It seems to be a little clunky to navigate, that or I haven't taken the time to figure out any new bells and whistles, added to the site. The way *I* do it? I just hit the "back, back, back, back" button, till it brings me to the original master list of surgeries. What can I say? I'm a very simplistic kinda gal...... If there is a better way to get back to the master list, hollar back at me. Hope everyone is having a great week ~ Lei
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/10/06 9:02 pm - Danville, VA
Thanks, Lei...Had no idea....funny how much I play on the computer, I would have found this cool site. Must be the blonde in me! Can't wait to finally meet you...you have beeen one of my biggest inspirations... Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/06 9:13 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Awww - you're too kind! You're ALL the inspiration you'll ever need to continue being a success in life, all you have to do is look within yourself. What a wonderful, caring, giving and loving soul. Hugs - Lei (too cool, I'll actually be collecting that hug in person in 10 days!)
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/06 9:03 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Hey Beautiful ! I am always pulled to my doctors page for surgery updates . I really did not realize we could do this .. This is nice to know . I am a firm believer that everyone deserves support and encouragment . Thanks Lei !!! Tin
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/06 9:21 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Natalie - I agree (on support and encouragement) and more times then not, I set a goal of a 100+ pages, per month, to post too. LOL - speaking of "doctor surgery pages" ...I never realized there was a link for that till a few months ago. This is after dabbling around on this OH site for over FIVE YEARS!! I tend to be an ol' fossil kinda gal. I learn the "basics" of getting around a site, then dig my heels in, kicking and screaming, when they try to toss new and improved stuff into the mix. I really need to learn to CLICK on stuff more often! Hey? What's the best email address to use for you - the Lifestart or IrishPixie. Which one do you prefer we use? I have a few questions for you on the conference, no rush. Hugs - Lei
jilldennis
on 1/11/06 12:13 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Thanks Lei - I never realized that either...Thanks! ~*~Jill
cappymoon
on 1/11/06 12:22 am - Northern, VA
Thanks Lei....I didnt know that existed, but now that is in my favorites, I can check back from time to time...... Dianna
SlimminShannon
on 1/11/06 8:24 am - Richmond, VA
Thanks Lei. I had to tell you that the china I picked out is called Sweet Leilani. It is so beautiful, just like you! Shannon 357/240/135
(deactivated member)
on 1/11/06 8:56 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Shannon ~ Guess what?? Well, this probably isn't much of a "guessing game" but I own the "Sweet Leilani" china TOO!!! lol, it's NOT even cause it's my name sake (parents named me after the popular song back in the late 50's). I fell in love with the pattern long before I knew the name. It was on a friends table in Oklahoma, for a Holiday meal. I absolutely LOVED it, so simple, yet elegant, not over stated and/or loud like some patterns can be. I always wanted it - but never talked myself into owning (paying for) it. My first marriage, we were only 18 and did a quick small church service - never registered anywhere. The second time around, I was much more mature (lol, 40 to be exact) and it was our second marriage each, so we decided to keep it very low key and fly to Vegas, no gifts - no registration, etc. What I didn't realize, at the time, is that Paul bought me the ENTIRE Sweet Leilani China set, for my Birthday (which happens to be the same month as our anniversary) ....long story over, 22 years after I saw the pattern and fell in love with it, I was finally the proud owner of the set. Heres to many wonderful, joyous and loving memories with yours ~ Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views