I have a question-

Kathleen L.
on 1/10/06 11:04 am - Arlington, VA
I had my surgery November 15, 2005 and my paperwork that I got from the doctor said to add regular food now. I tried Broccoli and it didn't set well with me and I got really sick. Is there other food that I should have tried first.
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/06 6:23 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Kat I am really suprised he did not send you a list of food suggestions . And as to broccoli.. yuk .. I still can not do it . I would contact your surgeons office or a nutricionist . I can give you a list that I think would help , but you really need to ck with them as well. Tuna Seafood Chicken ( try to eat it w a ff gravy - goes down better ) Beef Jerky Soups Turkey Beans Salad .. I would just be very careful on the foods that you do try . Remember that if they are moist - they sit better . Atleast they did for me . Just remember the formula . Protein -Veggies and then a Carb . Hugs and the best to you ! Nat
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/06 8:46 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Kat - Was the broccoli WELL COOKED (steamed)?? Or did you eat it raw or blanched? I remember broccoli being a problem for me, early post op, just can't remember the actualy "time span". My biggest challenge with it was when it was just "slightly cooked/steamed" ...it either had to be so cooked that it could mash up with a fork, or it had to be raw, with a crisp crunch - anything in between felt like RUBBER and no matter how much I chewed it, it wouldn't break down. Even 3 years post op, I have to be careful with the texture of my 'brawk! - Lei
kizie23
on 1/11/06 3:04 am - blacksburg, VA
Kat, I would say the broccoli did not sit well because its a gassy vegtable. Or at least that is what I have heard. I would go with eggs, tuna, chicken and maybe refried beans. But, I am sure that your surgeon has examples of things as well. He would be the best person to get this information from. Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views