Research update

A10sFrau
on 1/10/06 9:02 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Now how many of us get to the hospital and fall asleep BEFORE the nurse even gets us admitted ? HAHAHA. You can see how at home I am in the hospital. Because the respiratory therapist was late I slept from 7 pm until 9am with an interruption or two. The professor in charge of the study said he was glad he could provide a day's rest and relaxation for me . The report is that I performed greater 100% of the max. expected for a moridly obese person of my age. The stress treadmilll was more of a coordination test than a test of endurance. My systolic pressure never went over 200 at the highest stress level. I only stoppped because I felt like I was getting enough oxygen fir as fast as I was walking. I eagerly await the results of the lab work. Unfortunately the last machine (DECA? something) I was to be examined on malfunctioned and now I have to have the test immediately prior to surgery, i.e. the night before, because I am not going back to Richmond until surgery. That exam will show % body fat, body water and bone density. The basal metabolic rate test (this test was fist) they did showed that I went into a resting state quickly and that I was in ketosis. They put a bubble thing over your head and tuck a plastic drape underneath you. Not a test for the claustrophobic. The cardiologist kept asking if I was okay (while listening to my heart while I was on the treadmill). I think everyone expected a poorer performance than I gave. Now I have to make sure I improve so that I can beat all my numbers the next time I am examined. I can't imagine what all these tests would have cost had I not been involved in the research project! I am enjoying this! Lois
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/10/06 9:22 am - Danville, VA
Sounds to me that you, Ms Lois are doing wonderfully. I am so proud of what you have done on your own...you are going to do dynomite...You have such determination and spirit...I wish I could be that way....Love ya muchly... Hugs, Betsy
TammyNVA
on 1/10/06 7:14 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Sounds good, Lois... and very interesting. Thanks for keeping us up to day! Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views