please help

yvette223
on 1/10/06 6:55 am - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
I have a question, i am having my surgery on the 24th of Jan. I am right now on a liquid diet for the next two weeks, does anyone have any feedback regarding what can be considered liquid diet? I have been having beef broth, pea soup, protein shakes, water, water water and more water, am i making an error in eating the pea soup or anything thick. Any help would be greatly appreciated, i dont want to mess this up after i have come so far. Thank you all yvette
Kathy & Rich
on 1/10/06 7:00 am - Fairfax, VA
Yvette, Call your nutritionist - that's what they are there for. From what I remember with the surgeon's office they considered any soup that did not have "chunks" and that was less than 5-6 grams of carbs per serving to be a liquid. Since I was through the same surgeon's office, that should probably apply to you too but again...please call and ask the "experts"! Kathy
yvette223
on 1/10/06 7:18 am - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
Thanks kathy, I appreciate it i will do that tommorrow.
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/10/06 7:57 am - Danville, VA
Awww, Yvette, I know what you are going through...no fun, Huh? I had broth until I was sick of it...also, SF Jello, SF popsicles, Crystal Light, and water. Sometimes, I even took a can of chicken noodle soup and drained the liquid off of it and added water...had more of a taste than the plain broth...just check with the dr first. Clear liquid...thank God, I am now on pureed foods and anything that will be put in the blender, goes...next week I can go to soft foods..I had surgery Dec 16, 2005...Last year..hehe. Good luck, honey, I can feel for you. Hugs, betsy
A10sFrau
on 1/10/06 8:41 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Yvette, My surgery was rescheduled for Jan 25. Tomorrow I go back on the 'liquid' diet, but my doctor defines that as 5 protein shakes/drinks and anything else that is non-caloric. He wants the calorie count WAY down for more weight loss/liver shrinkage prior to surgery. (I LOVE pea soup, but it is high in calories). Hence the need for you to call your doctor's office. They all have different requirements. We are ALMOST susrgery sisters Lois
yvette223
on 1/10/06 9:13 am - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
Betsy, Thanks, i appreciate the info, I hope your healing well and feeling good. hugs Lois, thank you also, i am going to call the dr. tommorrow, just to be on the safe side like kathy said. Thank you all so much for the input i really appreicate it yvette
jilldennis
on 1/10/06 9:20 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Yvette - we are almost neighbors...definitely call the nutritionist... You are in good hands with Dr. Moazzez!!! He is awesome!!! Do everything he says and you won't go wrong! I had my surgery on August 30, 2005 and to date (including before surgery weight loss) I have lost 119 pounds! E-mail me if you would like to get together before your surgery for hug or anything! I would be glad to meet you somewhere! Hugs! Jill 278/159/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views