How many??

cappymoon
on 1/10/06 2:25 am - Northern, VA
Good afternoon! I have a question.....How many calories do you eat per day? How many carbs, fats, as much as you can break it down, that would be great! I decided to start up with Fit day again to see what I am doing, and I think I know why I am maintaining now. I am getting about 1200-1700 cals per day. And carbs are around 70 and so is my protein. Is this too much?? I thought a few days ago, I wasnt getting enough in, now I am finding out, it may be too much?? I am thinking I really need to go to the gym now, so I can start loosing. I dont know, I am stumped (Or maybe not!) Any and all comments welcome!! Thanks! Dianna
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/06 2:53 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Here are my breakdowns . CALORIES 700 TO 1200 A DAY CARBS - NO MORE THAN 40 PROTEIN - 120 GRAMS FATS - NO MORE THAN 30 You truly need to be at to loose @ 900 to 1000 calories and limiting your carbs, fats and keeping your protein up ! And Exersising too !!! The #'s you gave above appear to be those of someone maintaining . At least that is what my NUT told me . In order to keep loosing the main thing to remember is calories in .. calories out to loose . Remember that you are still not absorbing the same as you did pre-op so total calories if you use FITDAY is for someone with out GBS .. One pound of body weight is equivalent to 3500 calories. So in order to lose one pound of weight, we need to create a calorie-deficit of 3500 calories. We can do this by increasing our calorie expenditure, by reducing our calorie intake, or (best) by a combination of both. Example Suppose you need 2000 calories a day, in order to maintain your present weight. To lose one pound a week, you need to cut your daily calorie intake to 1500 calories. Over 7 days, this adds up to 3500 calories. The same result can be achieved by increasing your exercise by 200 calories/day, and reducing your calorie-intake by 300 calories/day. That said, a combination of calorie-reduction and increased exercise makes weight loss easier to sustain. If that did not make sense .. call me .. easier for me to splain Lucy ! love ya .. Nat
SlimminShannon
on 1/10/06 3:21 am - Richmond, VA
Ummm.. I do not keep track of everything. My calories are about 700 a day. Don't know fat or carbs. My protein is usually around 70-80.
TammyNVA
on 1/10/06 7:35 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Ok, I'm in a whole 'nother place on this journey than you are, but I just started keeping track of what I'm eating on fitday.com last week. It was a real I found I was only eating between 480-550 calories per day. I knew I was getting at least 60g protein per day, but that was it! It really worried me because I didn't want my body to go into starvation mode and stop loosing!! I'm happy to say that, as of yesterday (1/10/05) I'm up to: 780 calories 90g protein 49g carbs 30g fats (the cheese got me!) AND, this was on my first day back to work! I really think keeping track in some way is important. We all get busy and lose track of what is going into our bodies! Hugs, Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/06 9:29 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Dianna ~ A little late on my reply, but here I am just the same. I'm in the MAINTENANCE stages of my journey and to maintain, I keep my calories between 1500 and 1750. I don't worry too much where the rest of it falls into place, carbs, protein, fats, etc - because at 3 years post op, my body is "almost" as normal as anyone who hasn't had the surgery. WITH the exception that I will most likely always absorb LESS when it comes to vitmains. LOL - talk about a cruel twist of fate? We eventually absorb all the CALORIES we put into our mouths, but not the vitamins, go figure. Anyway - when I'm maintaining and getting "moderate" movement, 1500/1750. Right now, I'm dealing with a 15 lb weight gain, since October. No surprise there - I know exactly what's behind it, I "chose" to make the mistakes I made and now I "CHOOSE" to do something about it before 15 lbs becomes 30 or 40. My plan of attack? Keep the calories right at 1000 for the next week - to include 3 protein shakes at 360 calories (to keep the nutrients in line). The balance of calories will be a lotta rabbit food and lean meats and cheeses. After the next week, I'm going to mix it up a bit - 1200 calories one day, 900 the next, 1400 the day after, etc.... My body has always worked well with being TRICKED. If I keep things mundane and the same, it tends to revolt and latches on to every calorie in a panic mode that starvation might be right around the corner. LOL, like that'll ever happen! Good luck to us! Hugs - Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views