H.pylori test

Smukums
on 1/9/06 11:08 pm - Richmond, VA
Hello everyone - I just wanted to drop by and say hi. I was wondering if anyone had to do this test and if they came up positive. I did (but i knew i had it from an endoscopy i had done in the spring) and they gave me the two weeks of medications and i took them. I have to go tomorrow to "blow" in the bag to see if it has cleared up and i am a lil nervous in case it hasn't. If it hasn't - i have to take another dose of the medication for two weeks ( 8 pills a day is not fun!). Then wait another 6 weeks after that for another test. All in all it will delay this procedure - that is IF i get approve this time around. If i get denied for the 2nd time i will have to think about things. i was trying to see if anyone had this experience, if their 2nd test was positive or not. Thanks for the help! Nicole
Jen_G
on 1/10/06 12:06 am - in, VA
I had this and it cleared up after the first round of treatment. Hope the same is true for you!
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/06 12:21 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Nic, OMG yes .. it was terrible for me .. I about fainted when she said I had those little buggers in my tummy .. but I took the nasty meds .. and got rid of it .. The meds they give you do the trick .. No worries hun .. they will go away .. there just little pest .. Hugs . Nat
ElizabethC
on 1/10/06 1:17 am - Wirtz, VA
Oh now I'm really looking forward to the EGD tomorrow!! I guess it's better to know before hand though. Aren't those the little buggers than they say cause ulcers? Happy Momma
jennl
on 1/10/06 1:27 am - hampton, VA
Hi Nicole. I have H.pylori now. The pills are annoying and now from the antibiotic I have thrush woo hoo. I have my re-test in FEB I hope it is gone by then and don't effect my surgery date. -Jenn
yvette223
on 1/10/06 2:17 am - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
I also am taking medication for this, i totally agree with you, the eight pills a day is not picnic, but just think it is better that they found it now right. yvette
Fribby
on 1/10/06 4:37 am - Chesapeake, VA
Nicole, Yep, I had HPylori and am allergic to the meds that most people take so I had to take SIXTEEN pills a day for three weeks! YUCK!!!!
TammyNVA
on 1/10/06 9:16 am - Chesterfield, VA
Nicole, I also had to take those pills... and everything cleared up NO PROBLEM. I actually didn't even finish the series of pills because it was less than 2 weeks before surgery when they notified me I had it. They called me at work and said "go RIGHT NOW to the pharmacy and start taking the pills NOW!" FREAKED me out... I was in the middle of a meeting with my boss, and I said... I gotta go, be back in 1/2 an hour. Luckily she knew what was going on and was cool about it! I know all will go fine for you. I've not heard of anyone that had to go through this more than once. Good luck, Tammy
nitengale
on 1/15/06 6:18 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
Hello... I too was positive, allergic to the standard med regimine and tried the alternates. Unable to tolerate the alternates due to side effects and just had to wing it. Doc is fully expecting an ulcer at some point... oh joy!!! Did not have to do any follow up or blowing in a bag and it did not delay my surgery. Good luck,Wanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views