How Frustrating!

Julie R.
on 1/9/06 10:44 pm - Belspring, VA
I still don't have my surgery date scheduled!!! After my consult I promptly met with the nutritionist, had my bloodwork & ultrasound completed, and completed my psyc exam. Last Tuesday I called to see if my surgery had been scheduled, and Missy told me should would get it done on that Wednesday. Well, I never heard back, and because of a nasty case of laryngitis I couldn't call. This morning, I decided to call (even though I had to whisper). Still not scheduled Apparently, they have not received the report on my psyc exam (completed December 29th). I'm not upset with Missy; she said that she keeps calling his office and keeps getting put off being told the dictation has not been done. Maybe they should help out the economy and hire an additional person to do dictation!!! Ok, my venting is over I should just chill and relax; originally, I wasn't supposed to even have my consult until the 13th of this month. It's just hard to be patient; I know that I am ready and want to get going with it. Too bad I can't talk; I would call the pscy office and asked them what's up Well, thanks for bearing with me! Julie
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/9/06 10:58 pm - Danville, VA
Oh, Hon, How well I know the frustrating feeling....I had to wait for 9 months for my surgery to be scheduled...every month I went expecting a date and each time the dr wanted me to lose more weight...doh...why was I coming to him???? Anyway, when you have made up your mind, you want it done. I waited patiently and finally had my surgery Dec. 16th and that was my new beginning. It will happen but I know exactly how you feel. I was ready to give up but didn't. It was worth the wait. I am just thankful it is finally over and I can go on with my life. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Betsy
Julie R.
on 1/10/06 5:50 am - Belspring, VA
Thanks Betsy! I feel bad complaining knowing all that you went through Of course, sometimes I just can't help it Time will come before I know it! Julie
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/06 1:27 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Hey Julie .. Honey .. This is your life they have in their hands . Get on that phone today , call the shrinks office and tell them that you MUST get that paperwork over there today . You must be under the weather and can't talk/ if this is the case .... as soon as you have your voice back .. call them !!! I called my ladies everyday .. My life did depend on getting this surgery .. and everyday wasted .. was a day off of my life as far as I was concernd . Remember you are the consumer here and you are paying good money for them to assist you .. I know it is frustrating .. but just keep on them ! Hugs .. Natalie
Julie R.
on 1/10/06 5:56 am - Belspring, VA
Hey Nat! Yes, you're right! Can you believe even after waiting a week to hear back from the doctor's office, I wondered if I was being too pushy calling today? It is still a bad habit of mine thinking that I will be an imposition on people. Guess it is a deep down desire to be liked At least I'm aware of the problem! Thanks for pointing it out to me that I am the consumer!!! Thanks again! Julie
cappymoon
on 1/10/06 1:50 am - Northern, VA
Hi Julie I know how frustrating it is....I truly do. Just think, things happen for a reason, and you will have a date before you know it!! There are alot of things with the process that will leave you feeling like things are moving too slow, but time will pass, and you will be on the loosing side before you know it!! When your voice returns, give the office a call!!! Hugs, Dianna
Julie R.
on 1/10/06 5:58 am - Belspring, VA
Hi Dianna! Thanks for the empathy! I know that my surgery date will be here before I know it, but boy, will I be happy when my voice comes back! I need to make some phone calls Julie
aprilholt
on 1/10/06 7:50 am - hampton, va
Hi Julie, I know here in Hampton the phycologist had 2 weeks (14 work days) to get her report in, and since you had New Years mixed in there that's another extra day he or she might have had. My report got there on the 14th day, exactly, lol When I got my date it seemed so far off,now I have 20 days left and I'm freaking out !! Hang in there !!! April
(deactivated member)
on 1/10/06 9:43 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Julie - Yes, it can be so very FRUSTRATING - that entire "hurry up and wait" mode is very difficult to deal with. In fact, Ive said it time and time again (including in my journal) that the hardest part of this entire 5 year ordeal, was the EARLY STAGES leading up to the surgery. Even with all the pain from surgery, learning curves after the surgery, etc - the initial stages were so much harder, cause so many other people control your destination and goals. The tests, the run around, the gazillion and one doctor appmts, inadequacy of the various offices and their staff, etc, etc, etc. I used to think it was worse in the military world then the civilian world, but I was out-sourced for my RNY and my plastic surgeries - and although a lot of the "initial tests" were ran by the military - they were no slower or faster then the civies. YOUR best plan of attack is to always demand (lol, yep, just skip the niceties of asking and demand) copies of every test you ever have run on yourself. NOT just for the weight loss surgery, but life in general. I have a complete medical file on me - everything my civie' docs and military docs have on ME, I have a copy of also. Many times (too many to even guestimate) during my PRE-op RNY stages, one doc's office would swear up and down they were still "waiting on such and such" ..."or, so and so didn't have it typed up yet, so it's their fault" ....or "we keep asking them to fax it to us and it's not here yet ...and of course the good ol' standby from way back when ...."It's in the mail". I got so fed up with that but I always had a plan B that shut 'em up. "You're in luck, I have a copy of the "lab work, shrink test, ekg, mammogram, etc" ...and I have access to a fax, give me your number and I'll shoot it over to you, right NOW" End of problem. Hopefully, by now you've heard back from one of the doc's offices? If not, get the shrinks office (yes, I know, very un-politically correct, Lei ) on the phone and tell them you'll be by to pick that up, what's a good time TODAY, for them? It's okay to be a lil demanding - although I'm sure the Holidays put them behind, you only have to be so understanding and patient with it all - after all, being behind is THEIR problem and they're now making it yours. Good luck - let us know what happens. Lei (who's too lazy to proofread this thing)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views