Another question-coughing?!

ElizabethC
on 1/9/06 10:01 pm - Wirtz, VA
I am a mild asthmatic, but every morning I cough (to the point that I sometimes vomit) for 1/2 and hour or so to get rid of the mucous that accumaltes overnight. I am worried that this will cause problems (at the very least, pain!) for me post-op, and I'm amking an appoitment with my allergist to see what we can do. Has anyone else had to deal with coughing (for whatever reason) after surgery, and do you have advise with how to deal with it? Happy Momma
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/9/06 10:10 pm - Danville, VA
Hi again...Well, I got a head cold right after surgery and was sneezing alot right after surgery...I had open and had a 13 1/2 " incision...just grab a pillow and hold tight to your stomach!!! Those were painful minutes but I survived...Good luck and I hope your allegist can help you with it. Hugs, Betsy
MrsTonyaBrown
on 1/9/06 10:49 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I did have coughing after surgery, but it was from the breathing tube that was put in during surgery. It went away after a month or so. I just learned to keep a pillow handy to put over my tummy when I coughed so it wouldn't hurt so much. Hugs, Tonya
ElizabethC
on 1/10/06 1:16 am - Wirtz, VA
I guess I better add my "boyfriend" to the list of stuff to take to the hospital (that's what my hub nicknamed the body pillow ) I'm hoping the doc can figure out a way to reduce the yuck from building up so that won't even be an issue! Happy Momma
Pat F.
on 1/10/06 2:50 am - Richmond, VA
Talk to your doctor about Advair it is good for asmtha and coughing. I do the same thing and when they put me on that it got alot better. It comes in different strenghts and doses they will see which will be best for you. I hope this helps you.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views