What Brought YOU Here ..

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/06 6:56 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
I will be interviewing people at the conference in 2 weeks for an article I am writing for OH Magazine and want to hear from YOU on what or how you came to Obesity Help . What brings you back ? How long have you been a member ? What forums do you frequent - what member sites do you go to ? What is it that makes this Site different from any others you have been to . ( If this applies ) Thank you all for your participation ! Pix
Kitty Kat
on 1/9/06 7:56 pm - Richmond, VA
Morning Pix! This make take me some preparing but it's obvious what brings me back. The people on this forum/board are some of the BEST people I know. I can come here to learn something new just about every day and meet someone new as well. I love to come here and read the progress of others. I like to be of support and encouragement as was and still is given to me any time I can and need it. I've been a memeber here since BEFORE my WLS. I will be 3 years post op Jan. 29th and started here about 3 months before so over 3 years now. Post-op Pregnancy Forum (got preggers and had Nora AFTER WLS) Post-op Sex Forum VA Board Dr. Martin's Patient Forum Hugs, Kitty Kat Trust me there IS more but my brain hurts this am...
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/06 8:26 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Thank you Kitty Kat .. I know you will send me more when the brain stops hurting right ? : ) You write so well .. !! Thanks again fro this . Nat
*~Tigger~ *
on 1/9/06 8:18 pm - Staunton, VA
Hey, Nat! Shortly before my RNY, a friend gave me some copies of OH magazine and I decided to try the website. I come back for the love, support, and for all the great info I get from you guys! It has really been a great source of support and info! JoAnn 240/123 Queen of Goodwill Shopping
(deactivated member)
on 1/9/06 8:24 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Hey there JoAnn - Thank you so much for your input ! Do you still get the magazine . ? Hugs as always to you ! Nat
tsaxon
on 1/9/06 9:44 pm - Charlottesville, VA
Hi Little Natalie! I come here for the people - even if I don't post as often as I used to - because I feel like I have a special bond with this group, one that I don't share with anybody else. I met you all in person just days before my surgery and it gave me a real sense of calm - I knew I would be ok. I have been a member since January of last year, and had my surgery in June. I pretty much stick to the Virginia site and the recipe forum. I sometimes go to the main message board, but it moves so fast I get lost sometimes! What makes this site different? Everything. I know you all, and I am more open and honest with you folks than I am with my other friends - you all "get it". The support is fantastic and the knowledge base here is incredible. I have met some of the most fantastic people and I am so excited when I can see you all in person - there is such a strong connection, not only due to the fact that we have shared a common experience. You are one of my heroes - I loved feeling your little bones when I hugged you - you're an inspiration! Tracey
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/9/06 9:50 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Sweet Tink.. What brings you back ? This is the most wonderful and caring board I have found. I felt at home right away and was welcomed at the beginning. I have so much support from all the angels on here..I could never have been able to make such a life saving decision without the post ops and pre ops here on the board. When I saw all the success stories, I knew this surgery was for me. This is the very first place I come to when I sign on my computer in the morning. Without it, I feel lost. It is such a support group to me. I have met some wonderful friends, lifelong freinds, it is a bond that is so strong. We have such a common bond...we have all been throught the emotional and physical effects of obesity. No other place in the world is there such love and deep concern for us. We are so used to being rejected because of our weight and now we have a haven to come to to discuss our concerns.. How long have you been a member ? I became a member in April 2005...many months before surgery. I might have given up had it not been for my friends on this board...I didn't have my surgery until Dec. 16, 2005. All that time, I gathered information, and had all the support and encouragement I never could have gotten anywhere else. What forums do you frequent - I have tried several boards but always came back to this one. It was my home. Sometimes I lurk at others such as the Over 50 forum but I always come back to this one. What is it that makes this Site different from any others you have been to . ( If this applies ) The wonderful feeling of belonging. The individual feeling of being cared for...this board loves so deeply...I have recieved many gifts from many of the members..and you all know who you are...their caring and love is nothing that I can live without now. It is my extended family and I love them all...new, pre op, post op...all of them. In my whole life of obesity, I have never been so accepted or loved as I have been at this board. I will be here forever...at goal I hope to be an advocate for all who have had to battle this awful disease...and it is a life threatening disease...one that can be healed finally. It has been a miracle to me and continue to look forward to the journey. Love ya, Tink....you are so special and such a big supporter to us...don't know what I would do without you. You and this board is a big light at the end of my tunnel. Couldn't do it without you all. Hugs, Betsy 298/230/208/125 Highest/presurgery/now/goal
Julie R.
on 1/9/06 10:55 pm - Belspring, VA
Here's what I came up with... What brings you back ? The people (its like a family)! The great advice! The support received! How long have you been a member ? 3-4 months What forums do you frequent - what member sites do you go to ? Typically, I go straight to the VA board, as I feel more at home. Of course, I also find myself on the Main Messageboard and brouse various other boards. What is it that makes this Site different from any others you have been to . ( If this applies ) This may sound strange, the the website layout at OH is better and easier to navigate. I have found it much easier to find information to assist me in making my decision about which surgery, nutrition, etc. Julie
Ms Court
on 1/9/06 10:57 pm - Remington, VA
Ok here is my two cents. I found this site over a year before I joined it. I was looking for information on pregnancy after wls and I found the post op pregnancy board. I lurked for a long time reading about the ladies (Kitty Kat and Heather Mc and many others) and their experiences with wls and pregnancy and got the answers that I needed to make me feel secure in my decision. What brings you back ? Knowing that the people here have been through what I have been through and can help me get the answers I need and curiosity to see what is happening with everyone. How long have you been a member ? Since September 2005 (two months before surgery) What forums do you frequent - what member sites do you go to ? I mainly stay on the VA forum but I have started to branch to the November surgery board and the main board some. What is it that makes this Site different from any others you have been to . ( If this applies ) Haven't tried any other sites. Hope this helps. Courtney 6 weeks out - 30 lbs
jilldennis
on 1/10/06 9:44 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Nat...This is the most awesome website...I try to get on here everyday. It's my family. I feel like I live so far away from everyone else sometimes! It's about an 1 1/2 from where I live to the support group at Fair Oaks...there used to be one here...but no longer an organized one...so......this is my family and my support. What brings me back? This is my family...I actually talk to you guys more than my own family...you guys seem to understand me better and you understand what's going on in my life! I have been a member since June of 2005. Two months before surgery. What forums do you frequent - what member sites do you go to ? I do a lot of browsing. I check in on the Quilting Messageboard, the Harley Davidson Messageboard, the August 2005 Messageboard and Dr. Moazzez's board. What is it that makes this Site different from any others you have been to . The people...plain and simple the people!!! I can't wait to see you Nat! Hugs! Jill 278/159/140
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views