Daily Post: Jan 9th

Kitty Kat
on 1/8/06 7:25 pm - Richmond, VA
Morning VA Buggas! How was your weekend? Mine was busy and filled with lots drama but I'm alive, awake and focusing full steam ahead. Do share if you have some time. I wanted to mention something here as well for us to all be thinking about. I have been talking with some from the boards and have been asked my opinion regarding whether or not someone should become so involved here without having been approved for surgery or having been but not had it yet. I've stood my ground and said absolutely EVERYONE needs to be here. Whether they are pre-op by just beginning to research, just beginning the approval process or are getting ready to have surgery, have just had it or are post-op in x amount of years. I've also been told that some have been questioned as to whether they are sure they would like to get so involved in a forum/board when they are not yet in our shoes. Trust me all we are ALWAYS in one anothers shoes whether it be pre-op or post-op. Don't ya'll agree? We've been there and then some. I think the more knowledge we have the better off we ALL are. I KNOW that OH is such a benefit and I come here to continually learn from ya'll and others and I'll be 3 years post-op on Jan. 29th. That being said could ya'll please do me a favor and say why it is you come here and how it benefits you? I think that would really help others to see all we have to offer. How will you move your body today? Walking my 2 miles and of course cleaning house Are/have you taking/taken your vitamins? 1st 1/2 down the hatch Are/have you getting/gotten in your fluids? Just received my 7-11 24 oz 10/10 coffee then moving on to CIB's w/ milk and then Crystal Light Are/have you getting/gotten in your foods (and the good ones)? Food is coming here shortly. That's something bout me...I can't early so early in the morning. Otherwise, I feel ill and it upsets my tummy. Hugs, Kitty Kat "Today is the tomorrow I was trying no to think about yesterday" -Twisted Whiskers Jan 9th
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/8/06 7:47 pm - Danville, VA
Mornin' Kat! Today is going to be wonderful and what we make it... why it is you come here and how it benefits you? I think that whether we are pre-op or post-op, we all have a wonderful common bond here. We all know what obesity feels like both physically and emotionally. This is a wonderful support group...I don't know what I would have done without it during my long struggle to get the surgery. Now that I have had the surgery, I love hearing all the success stories and encouraging others through their journey. It is a great source of information and it is the first thing I check in the am and I check in very often during the day. My family thinks I am obsessed with it. I just love it and ALL the people on here. I have met some wonderful "angels" and made life long friends. I couldn't have lived without the support here. Well, I could just go on and on about the benefits here but just know, I will be here for a long time. How will you move your body today? I have alot of cleaning to do and alot (and I mean alot) of packing and organizing to do to prepare for this big move in my life. I am sure I will burn alot of calories! Are/have you taking/taken your vitamins? 1st 1/2 down the hatch Are/have you getting/gotten in your fluids? Going to be drinking alot of water today....and I am going to try my first CIB this am... Are/have you getting/gotten in your foods (and the good ones)? Still trying out different things pureed...I love the Hormel Chili with the steak...yummy with cheese...funny thing is that when I open a can of something, it is sure going to last me a day or two...going to the grocery store is a new experience as I am constantly checking labels...makes for a long involved journey but I am going to make this work for me. I may even try to puree some chicken salad today...Yum Hope everyone has a wonderful, liquid filled, protein filled, wonderful day. I am going to sure try to.. Hugs and love to all my buddies... Betsy 298/230/218/120 highest/presurgery/1st dr visit after/ goal I know I have lost more but with a broken scale, I can't check it like I want to..
SlimminShannon
on 1/8/06 9:17 pm - Richmond, VA
Kat, Well I am chatting with you as we speak so you already know I am doing good. I am blessed in life with so many wonderful friends and family. I think that everyone should be allowed to participate. Before I was approved for surgery I got a lot of support and it was great. Exercise- I will probably take the kids for a walk and maybe hit the Y later since Mike is off today. I can actually go by myself YAY. Bout to take my vitamins. Drinking a CIB now. Addie is being canky today...Must have woke up too early. Well I am of to do wedding stuff. Shannon 357/240/135
Julie R.
on 1/9/06 12:28 am - Belspring, VA
Kat, Finding OH has been a blessing to me (especially since I would not have found the VA board without it)! Luckily, I found all of you before my consult with the surgeon. Hearing everyone's experiences has helped me to know that I am making the right decision. People ask me why I am so calm about having a surgery which will rearrange my insides. Part of my peace is that I know this is what I need to do to live, but hearing from everyone on the board, telling their tales, maintains my confidence. As you have already mentioned, this board is for everyone. I have learned from both pre-ops (who are in the same boat as myself) and the post-ops (who provide guidance and inspiration). Once I get to the other side, I hope that I can be as much of an asset as everyone here has been to me. Move my body? Going to Curves after work Vitamins? Getting in the habit...I took them this morning Fluids? Working on the sipping thing. It's hard since I have always been a gulper. Healthy foods? Well, I try! Julie
april H.
on 1/9/06 7:00 am - hampton, VA
I never realized there was any debate over who should and should not be involved in this board, regardless of there WLS standing. Makes me sad to think that to some, my or anyone elses involvement is unwanted. ______________________________________________ Preparing for surgery Breakfast 20g protein shake Lunch 1/2 club sandwich.........c- tomato basil soup Dinner Salad w/ Flaked Salmon 2 sets of 25 sit-ups 30 mins Pilattes (spelling) April surgery date 1-30-06
Kitty Kat
on 1/9/06 7:11 am - Richmond, VA
April, You've got mail. Thanks, Kitty Kat
april H.
on 1/9/06 9:25 am - hampton, VA
An Apology I read the post the first time and thought Kitty Kat was saying that people who had ALREADY had the surgery where questioning why some people where posting before they even knew if they where having the surgery or not. When she ( I think ) meant people who HAD NOT had it where questioning if they should post here. So Sorry..........as someone who wants as much "true life" info as possible,and then thinking people where unhappy in giving it, hurt my feelings. Again my apologies. April
Kitty Kat
on 1/9/06 7:32 pm - Richmond, VA
April, Thank you! Everyone and anyone is welcome here whether they are pre-op or post-op and everything in between. I encourage EVERYONE to arm themselves with knowledge. I am so happy to see new faces here and can't wait to read yours and others journeys. Hugs, Kitty Kat
Pat F.
on 1/10/06 2:46 am - Richmond, VA
Kitty Kat is a great person and knows alot about this surgery and she is helping me to lose my weight since my insurence turned me down. I am staying around 190-198 which is a difference for me I am use to being 230. If you have any questions and need answers ask her she will tell you the best she can. MOM
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views