Whey Protein, good deal ?

april H.
on 1/8/06 11:02 am - hampton, VA
Online shopping is hard for me since I don't have a CC, so I thought I'd look locally for the stuff..... Was at Wal-Mart and thought I'd look and see, they had 2 varieties with the same nutritional info , but I got the least expensive one, it came in vanilla and chocolate, I bought the chocolate it's very yummy ,taste like coco Body Fortress.....** $11.50 ** 2lbs........30 servings Calories ... 110 Total Fat ... 2.5 Sat. 1, Trans 0 Carbs ......5g Fiber .... 1g Sugars ..... 1g Good Deal ?? April Surgery date 1-30-06
Kathy & Rich
on 1/8/06 12:37 pm - Fairfax, VA
April, What is missing from your list is how much protein is in each 110 calories! Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/06 6:06 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
If it has at least 15 grams .. I would say good deal . Make sure that the protein source is a whey isolate or concetrate .
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/06 7:55 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning April -- Any protein drink that you actually LIKE and will drink, on a daily basis, is a "very good DEAL!" Thought I'd toss out another option too - not sure if you have a Sams Club Membership (who's also tied into Walmart) ...but at Sam's Club you can buy a FIVE pound container of the Chocolate or Vanilla Sport Pharma Whey Protein Mix and the best part? It's an excellent BUY at $18 per jug. Details are as follows: Calories - 120 Fat - 2 grams Carbs - 2 grams Sugar - 2 grams Protein - 22 grams If you don't have a membership, maybe one of your friends or family members do? When I go to Sams, I tend to stock up on these (at that price, it's tough to beat). I'll grab 2 jugs of vanilla, 2 jugs of chocolate and keep the excess stored away. As long as you keep the lids on TIGHT, in between use - they stay fresh, forever. Good luck to you - Lei
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/06 7:57 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
[sigh] ...I'm sorry, I ALSO meant to say there are 80 servings per container!
Tam
on 1/8/06 8:36 pm - Richmond, VA
I use the sport pharma choclate flavor and love it. I mix it with 5 oz of skim milk and it is easy to get down. Two of them and my yogurt for breakfast and I am good on protein for the day! But I agree with Lei...any that you like and will drink daily is a good deal! Tammy C
april H.
on 1/9/06 6:45 am - hampton, VA
LOL, can't believe I left out the protein part, lol 20 grams,lol isolate thanks for the Sam's info, I don't have a membership but will look into one THANKS !!!!!!! April
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views