Gallbladder??

Sharon Q.
on 1/8/06 10:19 am - Fredericksburg, VA
To those of you who have followed my weight loss journey, you know I've had few if any extra problems since surgery. I feel so bad for those people who have had it so rough. I guess I got the insurance issues instead. I am wondering about my gallbladder now though. For the past few days I have been "gassy" as anything. (sorry I know TMI) Plus, the gas really really stinks. My neighbors are ready to sell me off. LOL The actual gas issue in itself is not odd for me, as I am a fiber queen to make sure I stay regular. It is odd though in that I have not had anything I would consider gas inducing in the past few days, and the smell is horrifying. Along with the gas I've also had major tummy pains. The only way I can explain it is "my guts just ache". I've taken Mylanta Gas, and Pepsid too, and it helps at the time, but keeps coming back. I have no idea what to expect when your gallbladder is getting cranky, so figured I'd ask the experts. Thanks in advance for all your help! XOXOOXOXX Sharon @ 5'7" 289/261/152/140 Start/Surgery/Today/Goal
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/06 10:37 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Hey sweety .. It could be your gallbladder.. I would definatly get to a doc ... What have you eaten lateley ? There could be something that you have eaten to really mess up your bowels or you g-bladder .. Let us know how you are doing .. ok .. Huggles, Natalie
Sharon Q.
on 1/8/06 8:24 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
You know, it was sooooooooooo cool to wake up this morning and see all my buddies stepping up to post on my tummy issues. Thanks so much guys!! While I was trying to sleep I had 1 more thought on it. I started having South Beach protein bars, and I love them!!! Unfortunately, they were too easy to use as meal replacements and I had a few in 1 day. I think maybe it was the sugar alchohals in them that was causing all this. The pain started when I started eating them. I will stop eating them today and see what happens. Sure sounds more like it doesn't it? Thanks again for all your responses, and I'll be sure to let you know. Promise it won't be smoke signals either.................LOL XOXOOXOXO Sharon
Kathy & Rich
on 1/8/06 10:20 pm - Fairfax, VA
Sharon! Sugar alcohols in decent amounts will give me severe gas and abdominal pain!!! Most definitely! I hope that is indeed your issue - easy to resolve! Hugs, Kathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/8/06 10:39 am - Danville, VA
Awww, Sharon...glad I don't live next door...just kidding. Do you have any pain? Tomorrow, please call the dr and see if he has any answers...usually Gall bladder involves pain...I started having nasty egg burps...it was awful...I had my GB removed way before they did it laposcopic...check with the dr and I hope things get better for you... Hugs, Betsy BTW you are doing fantastic....proud of you.
Kathy & Rich
on 1/8/06 12:36 pm - Fairfax, VA
Gallbladder problems usually present themselves by pain that occurs within a short time of eating especially when eating something fatty. Pain is usually on the right side though it can go into your back. Heard it can be very painful/debilitating. Me...it was always pain up under the edge of my ribs on the right side and it never got debilitating just highly annoying. As far as "gut ache" (LOL!), that is my way of dumping. My whole belly aches from top to bottom and is even sore to the tough. Sharon, definitely go see Dr. M. Let me check you out. Hugs, Kathy
elizabethc03
on 1/8/06 1:22 pm - Cypress, TX
Sharon, I dealt with a very angry gallbladder for over two years and finally had it taken out with my WLS. When I had my "attacks" I would have severe pain in my chest area on the right side. The first time I seriously thought I was having a heart attack. It hurt so bad I couldn't catch my breath. No antacid helped at all. In addition I had the runs whenever I ate anything with even the smallest amount of fat in it or lettuce. When I would try to vomit to make myself feel better only bright yellow goo would come up. It was altogether a very disgusting time. There's something called a "murphy's sign" that is an indicator of gallbladder problems. It is performed by asking the patient to breathe out and then palpating below the bottom edge of the rib cage on the right side (the approximate location of the gallbladder). The patient is then instructed to breathe in. If the patient stops breathing in (as the gallbladder is tender and comes in contact with the examiner's fingers) the test is considered positive. I didn't stop breathing in when my PCP did it, I jumped off the table because it hurt so bad. I'm hoping whatever it is that's irritating your system just goes ahead and moves right on out . Take care. Liz
TammyNVA
on 1/8/06 5:51 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Sharon, It's been a while since I had my gallbladder out, and I don't remember excess gas, but I DO remember the pain as mentioned by the previous posters. My pain also felt like a heart attack and usually happened soon after a high-fat meal, but not always. I also would get the runs very badly. Hope that helps and wasn't TMI! Tammy
Jen_G
on 1/9/06 9:48 am - in, VA
Well you know I just went through this...so here's what happened to me. No gas issues to speak of, but when I had the attack it was the worst pain I have ever been in. I could not stand up straight or breath. I kept trying to throw up thinking something might be stuck but that wasn't the problem. If the pain was happening after high fatty food that would would be an indication. I had had some soup from Olive Garden that day that we think may have been the trigger. It was horrible pain though and everyone else I have ever talked to said the same, worst pain they had ever been in. Hugs to you..can't wait to see you next week but no South Beach bars before hand
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views