Support for everyone?

elizabeth b-c
on 1/8/06 9:53 am - Charlottesville, VA
You know, I never thought that trying to help someone would create so much animosity here. I tried to do something good for someone, and I was criticized for it. Then I had other people jump into the fray to also criticize, although I got a lot of supportive email off site. I thought we were here to help each other. I haven't had the benefit of having met any of you, and I know that other people have been here far longer than I am. But I also know that all people deserve dignity and support, no matter their stage in the journey. I think it is really sad how this board has responded. I expected more, and it saddens me to think of other people who might have had the same experience. I am lucky because I have fabulous support at home and at work. I just wish people could be caring for all the people who need the support. I'm also extremely ill, and could have used support for that, as it is WLS related. Again, some get it and some don't. Very sad. elizabeth
kizie23
on 1/8/06 10:41 am - blacksburg, VA
Elizabeth, It seems that this is happening on here alot. I am not sure where it is coming from and I am sure that I dont care. I personally just want to tell you as I did someone else tonight that I come here for support. If I ask a question I would really appreciate having the truth told to me. If not I would not ask. I have some support at home, but my main support has come from here (Betsy, Nate, Diana, Lois,) these are just to name a few people. Thanks for past and future support, Melissa
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/06 10:48 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Ohhh Melissa .. you are such a sweety !
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/8/06 10:52 am - Danville, VA
Aww, Melissa, that is so sweet....we really try. This is such a supportive group and I love you all. Hugs, Betsy
cappymoon
on 1/8/06 10:53 am - Northern, VA
aww, thanks Lemme know if you need anything, you are a surgery sister even though we are 364 days apart! Hugs, Dianna
april H.
on 1/8/06 10:44 am - hampton, VA
I hope your feeling better real soon !!!! April
A10sFrau
on 1/8/06 11:55 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I have been very busy this weekend and have only checked in (here) sporadically. I seem to have missed a whole lot of something. Reminds me of my work. I feel badly for the folks who have been less than kindly treated. I can only control me and I try very hard not to be offensive AND also to be helpful. What I want to know is why, if an answer hurts one's feelings, does this person feel the need to hurt someone back. If my feelings are hurt I stay off the site, lick my wounds, and come back when I feel better. Period. No retaliatory strikes. Live and let live. I am thankful I am helped and that I can help out occasionally. Peace, Lois
Kitty Kat
on 1/8/06 8:18 pm - Richmond, VA
Hi Elizabeth, First, I want to let you know that I am responding to this beacuse I think you have misunderstood this forum/board and it's participants. That being said I am not criticizing you or being negative. In fact, I want to bring closure to this issue and we now need to focus and move into the future and continue to help one another whether it is WLS related or every day life we need to do it. We ARE here to help one another. In my opinion to post something like this is unfortunate because this issue has been addressed and an apology was offered. Misunderstandings occur and we need to go to the source and not continue to be negative. If you are ill, please post and share your experience(s) with us. Otherwise, we cannot be of support or help regarding it. Whether it is WLS related or not we are more often than not a family here and are willing, supportive and ready to listen. Respectfully, Katherine
Tam
on 1/8/06 8:32 pm - Richmond, VA
Elizabeth, I must have missed something because I do not know what was said that offended you or anyone else. I saw another post addressing the same issue. I hope it was not me that did anything and if it was.....PLEASE let me know! Sometimes I run short on time and cannot post, but I try to read the posts at least daily. If there is ever ANYTHING that I can do, please let me know. I hope you are feeling better soon. I am up in Charlottesville at least once a month (have family out that way) so if you ever want to get together please let me know. I have only met two people (Nat and David) from this site but would LOVE to meet all of you. I am only seven months post op but will gladly share any and all of my experiences in hopes that it will help someone else. Tammy C
SlimminShannon
on 1/8/06 9:02 pm - Richmond, VA
I am sorry you feel this way Elizabeth. I myself have given people a lot of support. I have not been around much in the past month or two but I am always here through email. I think you have taken the whole situation out of context. The person, imo, was only trying to help. I think your response was the one that was not supportative. Like I said before it is hard to read peoples thoughts through a post on a message board. That person has also appoligised to you. I think it is better to be an adult and accept the appology and move on. Post like this just stir up issues that need not be stirred. I hope you feel better. Shannon 357/240/135
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views