Since you have had surgery,

Lelandmm
on 1/10/06 4:57 am - Chesapeake, VA
Six weeks after I had my surgery, I was rolling out VOIP. Which means I was on the road traveling to other cities and crawling around installing crap. I really had a hard time because I really couldn't say "I need to stop because its time for my........" I ate all of my meals out for 6 days at a time. It was HARD! Luckily, not much made me sick, so that made it easier. Almost every restaurant does some kind of grilled chicken sandwhich. I just ordered it with no bun and the mayo or whatever on the side. SInce there are so many people still doing Atkins and South Beach, most of the places didn't look at me weird when I ordered a sandwhich with no bun. Since I was staying in hotels, most of the time I didn't have a room with a frig, so I just had to let my leftovers go. Now, to this day (I ate at Red Robin today!) I order my food and as soon as it comes, I request a to go box. I half my food right then. Out of sight, out of mind! Even if I end up leaving the to go box, I'm not tempting to keep stuffing my face. Some places will let you order a child or senior sized portion. You just need to be REALLY nice about it. And remember, if you are making any special request, and your server comes through, add a little to your tip. Yeah, I am a pain in the butt complicated orderer, but I make it worth the server's while to get it right! Just read carefully, ask for things to be on the side, ask if they have light mayo or light salad dressings. Some restaurants help with the nutrition info, but for those that dont, just get everything you dont need on the side or held. Leland
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views