Speaking of WOW moments

SlimminShannon
on 1/8/06 6:02 am - Richmond, VA
Since we are talking about wow moments I thought I would post some. I hope this can encourage people that are thinking of having the surgery. When I first had surgery I got on the eppilipctal ( I don't know how to spell it I call it the devil). Well I couldn't even last 2 minutes. Yesterday I go to the gym and they are packed. All the treadmills were full. So I said ok I will do the bicycle. Well they were full to. I looked around and the only machine that was open was that darn devil. I cringed. I haven't been on there since a few weeks out. So I said screw it I will try it again maybe this time I can go 5 minutes. Well you know what I did a freaking mile on it. I got an amazing work out. I was sweating so much and when I got home I was dying walking up the stairs...LOL. But it felt great to see how far I have come. The past month or so my scale has been moving very slow but I am losing inches. Honestly if I didn't lose another lb I would still do the surgery all over again. Although I want to lose more. It is amazing the compliments I get and it makes me feel so good. I had some friends come in for new years and they kept saying over and over how good I looked. And the wow moments in the love department are more than amazing. We will not go into deatil on that pne though..LOL. I feel like now I can actually walk down the isle and be a pretty bride. Not a blimp. This has changed my life in so many ways and every day it gets better. Shannon 357/240/135
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/8/06 6:21 am - Danville, VA
That is great Shannon. I know I am going to enjoy this journey...Maybe when I get my life back together again, I will be able to join a gym or something. I know I can walk for free.. Here's to many more wow moments for us all Hugs, Betsy
wanda
on 1/8/06 6:28 am
Good for you Shannon! I'm still afraid of the "devil" - eliptical machine! I'll think it over -- you may have inspired me to try it once again! I know you are going to be a beautiful bride. You would be a beautiful bride at any size, but feeling better and looking better make it much more fun I know. Enjoy your success! ~Wanda
Tam
on 1/8/06 7:16 am - Richmond, VA
WTG Shannon! I have not ventured on that machine, but I love the treadmill, gazelle and the bicycle. I may have to give that one a try, too! Tammy
TammyNVA
on 1/8/06 5:05 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Shannon, What a great testimony. I have still been afraid of the devil! Maybe I'll give it a try soon... maybe. When are you getting married? I got married last May 7. I was a blimp, but a beautiful one Tammy 301/268 (as of 12/30)/150ish
Kitty Kat
on 1/8/06 7:45 pm - Richmond, VA
Yeah baby! Those things sure do give you a work out huh! You WILL start losing again. It is a nasty lil' stop but you get past it. You ARE beautiful and cut it out with the blimp crap. You will look every bit as beautiful walking done that aisle! There are still better things to come! Hugs and love, Kat
cappymoon
on 1/8/06 11:41 pm - Northern, VA
You are so correct Shannon, that machine is pure evil!! But I am so proud of you for just doing it!! I need to go back and just do it myself!! And the inches are just as important as the lbs. It will all come off for you, I promise, just keep up the great work!! Love you! Dianna
Julie R.
on 1/8/06 11:58 pm - Belspring, VA
Shannon, You give me hope! I have an eliptical machine upstairs that I bought from Walmart last year, and I haven't been able to use it A minute is it for me. I was going to try to sell it, but maybe I will keep it around in case I can use it a few months out from surgery. Congrats Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views