WOW moment? I think not!

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/06 6:33 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Tammy .. I was looking at you the other night at the SGMeeting .. and thought to myself .. dang .. she does not look her age at all .- I thought you where younger . Me .. though when I started this journey I swear I looked like I was in my late 40's early 50's .. ck out my before pic .. LOL Any hoo .. Like Kathy said .. it all depends on your skin type too .. I can tell you I took the advice of my personal trainer in the begining and he said the more weight training I did for my arms and legs the better they would look and he was right .. when it comes to me anyway .. My arms are great ..I got a little flab left .. but not much .. and my legs . They are toning up nicely .. so .. it is all a guessing game .. but I can tell you this .. If I never get plastics .. i am still very happy .. I have my health .. Just get to pumping that iron ! Hugs , Nat
TammyNVA
on 1/8/06 4:45 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks Nat. My arms have started getting a work-out at my physical therapy sessions (3 times a week) but I OBVIOUSLY need to work on the legs, and other areas. I started aerobic work outs this last week and will now work in some weight training. Thanks for the compliment... Hugs, Tammy
wanda
on 1/8/06 6:34 am
Tammy, We've met and you DO look younger than 44! I can say that very honestly since as you know I'm the same age! I guess we don't know exactly how our bodies will respond to losing weight, but you are absolutely beautiful! I will say that most of us have received comments indicating that we look younger after losing the weight, so I'm assuming that will continue to be the same for you. You've been very successful so far. Don't let your husband's comment get you down. I'm sure he didn't mean it the way it came out. I know my husband often says things that make a HUGE impact on me, and when I mention it to him a little later he didn't mean it the way I took it. Keep up your good work -- you're looking FABULOUS! ~Wanda
TammyNVA
on 1/8/06 4:47 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks Wanda! I think we are BOTH two hot 44 year olds!!! Tammy
Nancy M.
on 1/8/06 8:37 am - Mt. Jackson, VA
Congratulations on fitting into your "skinny" pants. I'm 56 and have a lot of loose skin on my upperarms, thighs, abdomen, and rear. I've heard that drinking lots of water will help your skin be more elastic. I don't know if it helps or if it's all in my head that it does, but I purchased some firming lotion from Watkins. It's lavendar fragrance gives me a lift and I literally bathe in it after getting out of the shower. I think It helps to firm my skin but even if it doesn't the aromathearpy is great. Nancy 310/181/122
TammyNVA
on 1/8/06 4:51 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks Nancy, I'm sure water really will help. My pouchy is still pretty small, but I'm trying to get in as much water as possible. That lotion sounds like a good idea. I'll look out for some. Aromatherapy is great too!! Hugs, Tammy 301/268 (as of 12/30)/150ish
kizie23
on 1/8/06 10:27 am - blacksburg, VA
Tammy, I do not know about the skin, but I would take the fact that you fit into thoes pants as a wow moment. Melissa
TammyNVA
on 1/8/06 5:00 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Yes Melissa, I was so excited to wear those pants to church... even got a compliment from my pastor! (He's the only one at church that knows what kind of surgery I had and he whispered to me he can tell I'm getting thinner and looking "really nice.") He said it in front of my husband, so all is GOOD! Take care of yourself, sister, Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views