WOW moment? I think not!

TammyNVA
on 1/8/06 3:59 am - Chesterfield, VA
Ok, first let me say that I wore to church a pair of slacks that I have never been able to wear...they were my "skinny" pants as a goal! OK.. NOW THE PURPOSE OF MY POST: As I was changing after church, I bent over (sans pants) and my hubby said "Wow, you have a lot of hanging skin on the back of your legs, I never noticed before!" Now, I love this guy... but I was a little taken aback! I already feel "saggy" and now I'm thinking I'm going to be a walking sag of skin... I'm not even 6 weeks out from surgery!! This was not truly a WOW moment, but I wanted to share... and ask... WILL MY SKIN EVER CATCH UP?? I'm 44... and have always been taken for much younger. I'm thinkin' those days may be over! Tell me what you think!?!?! Tammy
Kathy & Rich
on 1/8/06 4:29 am - Fairfax, VA
Tammy, No one can truly tell you how your skin will respond over time. There are so many factors that go into this: age, length of time overweight, elasticity of your skin, genetics, where your excess weight is (all over versus abdomen), etc... I've seen some people lose 150 lbs and look amazing and they aren't 20 either... like Nat. Her skin has done amazingly good. Then I've seen others where the weight was probably more in the lower abdomen and then ended up with quite a large panni (apron). As for me...I've lost 105 lbs thus far. I believe I carried my weight spread out over my whole body. Not pear shaped. I have a wiggle to my arms but then so do lots of other 45 year olds. My arms have faired well, I think. My breasts are hollow shells of their former selves (LOL!) but look pretty decent in a bra. My belly has some of the extra skin but I don't get any rashes or anything and the overhang is not excessive. My arse has some sag at the top of the thighs and the skin has a number of wide folds that resemble a shar-pei dog's folds. Doesn't really bother me. *****ally sees my bare arse anyway? My husband who lost over 200 lbs himself so he can definitely speak of extra skin! Doh! My thighs have taken a hard hit. The inner thighs looks like a broomstick skirt texture or perhaps like crepe fabric. Not pretty. And it extends almost down to the knee - worst at the top of the thigh. Not sure how I'll look in shorts this coming summer but I'd rather have that then the fat. I'm being very honest here. This is how my body responded thus far and I'm not quite done yet. All and all, plastic surgery to me at this point - is a nicety. I look pretty great in clothing and my husband loves me nekkid. I don't think insurance will cover any nips/tucks so I doubt I'll be getting any plastics... not in the budget. I'd rather pay debt off. But if we hit Lotto, I'd give more serious thought to it. LOL! You are just going to have to wait and see how your individual body responds. Each body is so very different. Best wishes, Kathy p.s. Give your husband a small whack for me! LOL!
TammyNVA
on 1/8/06 4:43 am - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks Kathy... I carry/carried most of my excess weight in my abdominal area and hips. I couldn't give him a whack because he came up behing me and started smooching! I'll get him later! Tammy
corynva
on 1/8/06 5:52 am - Roanoke, VA
Tammy, Some of it will catch up, especially with exercise, but you have and are losing so fast it's hard to keep up even the exercise. With time some of it catches up more. I had a terrible "gobble" from my chins after I lost my initial weight almost 4 years ago. I thought about plastic surgery, but didn't do it and now a lot of it has been "absorbed" back. But that is not the case for my stomach and inner thigh skin. Things are different in different people........and I'm sure your hubby didn't say what he did to be mean.....it's a shock the first time it's noticed......I cried when I was able to see mine the first time......didn't matter I was looking at skin I hadn't seen in years....mattered it was there at all. Cory
TammyNVA
on 1/8/06 4:55 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Cory, I too have noticed loose skin under my chin that was NEVER there before losing weight! I had a round face, but not much extra fat on my chin and neck area, so I was suprised to see that loose skin there now. I guess you can't really predict how and where this weight will come off! Thanks, Tammy
SlimminShannon
on 1/8/06 5:52 am - Richmond, VA
I am so sorry your husband said this. I know when I first starting losing my skin appeared looser because everything is shifting. That may be all it is. I can tell you this though. Work out. It is the best thing for your skin. If you have seen Natalie in person she is living proof. She worked her butt off and looks great. My mom and Mike said that she is the best looking person that they have seen that has had the surgery. It is natural that we will all have some skin issues. Sometimes men just don't realize what comes out of their mouth.
TammyNVA
on 1/8/06 4:40 pm - Chesterfield, VA
I have just started really working out this week. I'm sure that will make a difference. Thanks!
TammyNVA
on 1/8/06 4:57 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Well, after further discussion he admitted it slipped out... he said it because he thought it and didn't realize how it sounded. All is well
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/8/06 5:58 am - Danville, VA
Aww, Tammy, just revel in the excitement of wearing those pants....We can cover up most of the excess skin...I think I am going to have to invest in some major duck tape You are doing wonderful and don't let that remark hinder your success. Try some excersise that zeros in on any area you are concerned with....I am 55 almost 56 and I know that like Kathy my sisters are going to be a hollow mess compared to what they are...just gonna need to buy some padded bras...hehe... Hugs, Betsy
TammyNVA
on 1/8/06 4:42 pm - Chesterfield, VA
I love the duck tape idea. Along those lines, I was thinking about getting a body slimmer... you know, like a BODY girdle. My girls are shrinking a bit, but not much so far... so good! Thanks for your support! Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views