2 Little Wows for today

A10sFrau
on 1/8/06 1:55 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Recently I have been struggling with bra straps sliding off my shoulders, despite my weight loss. It was getting worse than when I was popping out of the top of the bra! And this is the new bra I found upstairs about a month ago! This morning as I was getting ready to go for a walk I noticed that every now and then it seemed like the girls wanted to slide out the bottom. I tightened the back hooks by one notch and presto--good fit, no more sliding straps!! Had to take up the bra!! Yay!! Second little wow followed that. Tuesday I have the stress treadmill and other tests for the research in which I am participating. I decided to really test myself walking on the flood wall in nearby BV. The city decided to make a 4 mile walking trail on top of the wall--tax dollars finally put to good use. I took my Rottie, who doesn't get out much and we mushed out and on. Great weather, and I didn't let up. Last time I walked for exercise was about a month ago and it was a mile. I did 2 miles this a.m. easily, in 35 minutes. I was so afraid of collapsing in a heap on the treadmill next Tuesday. I know the stress treadmill will be much more strenuous, but now I know I won't fall off or pass out in the first 5 minutes. I never broke my pace. My dog even got to where she wanted to walk more slowly but I urged her on. Later today I plan to take the more athletic dog up in the mts. Maybe I can get in another 2 miles. Have a great Sunday, folks! Lois
TammyNVA
on 1/8/06 2:17 am - Chesterfield, VA
What a great day, Lois! After your WLS, you'll find these happening all the time, but still suprising! Today I wore a pair of slacks to church that I've never been able to wear. They were my "skinny" slacks! Also, find that I'm walking up and down the stairs more easily every day. Have a great day!! Tammy
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/8/06 2:23 am - Danville, VA
Wow, Lois you are going to be in top shape before the surgery. Isn't this fun comparing wow moments? I am on cloud 9 today... hugs, Betsy
DeniseinVA
on 1/8/06 2:40 am - Midlothian, VA
Way to go Lois, You are doing excellent. Soon and very soon. I am counting the days with ya Denise
A10sFrau
on 1/8/06 2:43 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
We are having a great WOW Sunday! Lois
SlimminShannon
on 1/8/06 3:42 am - Richmond, VA
WTG!!
Tam
on 1/8/06 7:05 am - Richmond, VA
Lois~ WTG Girl!!!!! I love the WOW moments. You are going to breeze through this by doing all of this before surgery. Keep up all of the hard work! Tammy
Nancy M.
on 1/8/06 8:44 am - Mt. Jackson, VA
Way to go!
cappymoon
on 1/8/06 11:55 pm - Northern, VA
Great job Lois!! This will help you so much when you have your surgery, you will be in the best shape, and it should make for an easier recovery, and following up with more excersise afterwards is truly going to help you to your goals!!! Good luck!! Dianna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views