Need Help

Tam
on 1/8/06 12:16 am - Richmond, VA
Hi guys! Knowing what a great and loyal bunch this board is I thought I would post my problem here and see if anyone has anyone has any suggesstions for me. Okay...here goes. Sorry in advance that this is so long. Ever since two or three days before Thanksgiving I have been breaking out in hives two or three times a day....EVERY DAY! I take a half of a benadryl during the day (so that I can still function) and a whole one at night. Sometimes I have to get up in the middle of the night and take another one. It is driving me crazy. I have been to see my pcp and a dermatologist and they do not know what is causing it. Nothing has really changed as far as what I eat or the meds that I take since surgery. Funny thing is that before this I had NEVER broken out in hives in my life. I have also had a yeast infection between my breasts for five months and no doctor can figure that one out, either. My surgeons office, pcp and the dermatologist are all trying to figure it out and I have been trying different creams for a while but nothing works. At first I thought the pill (diflucan) that they gave me to treat the infection caused the hives, but I have been off of them for weeks now and I am still getting them. Any thoughts or suggesstions? Tammy C
kammcdonald
on 1/8/06 1:04 am - Norfolk, VA
No clue what you can do, Tammy, but if it were me, I'd keep hounding the doctors until something did help me with these problems!! Good luck!! *Kam*
cappymoon
on 1/8/06 1:24 am - Northern, VA
Tammy, You are in my thoughts and prayers as everyone tried to find a resolution to your problem. I have never delt with anything like that, so I really dont have a clue, just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts.... Hugs, Dianna
A10sFrau
on 1/8/06 2:19 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
How much stress are you under? Shortly have I got married for the second time, when Jim came to live with us I STAYED broken out in hives until I realized that my keeping my feelings to myself was causing me to break out. I was trying to be critical and to ease his transition by keeping my mouth shut, but my feelings poppedout on my skin. This kept up for several months until I noticed the direct 1 to 1 correlation between my getting angry one day and breaking back out the next. i explained this to Jim and told him I had to start telling him what I was thinking, but notin an angry way. He agreed. The hives went away. My daughter changed schools when she was four. The first day of school in the fall was the BIG transition. By the time she got to school she was a complete emotional wreck and had broken out in "itchy bumps" all over. The day didn't go too badly and she made new friends and the bumps disappeared that night. So, any long term, or recurring short term stress in your life? Ignore me if the answer is no . Re: yeast. Any stress, can reduce the body's ability to fight off germs. Any changes, INCLUDING changes fo rthe good like new job, weight loss, marriage, starting college are stressful. If you are interested do a google search of 'Holmes and Rahe' and 'stress'. You will find a survery you can answer and rank the things that have happened to you in the past year. You total all your points and the point value lets you know how much more or less likely you are than the 'average' person of developing stress-realted illness. Sorry if I am boring you. The psychology teacher is talking . Lois
A10sFrau
on 1/8/06 2:24 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Jeez, and I proof read that!! Shortly AFTER I got married.. and I was trying NOT to be critical... My feelings popped out... But not in an.... Changes for the good... If you are interested, do a .... stress-related... Good thing I am not paid by my typing accuracy Lois
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/8/06 2:28 am - Danville, VA
Tammy have you changed laundry detergent??? When I was pregnant with my second child, I broke out all over and was miserable..found out it was the laundry detergent....Hope they find out what it is soon. Hugs, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 1/8/06 4:58 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Tammy .. I think Lois may have nailed it here .. I am almost sure of it .. I too started breaking out in hives this past summer .. some where so severe my lips swelled . AT first I thought it was seafood .. but I have always eaten seafood .. then it hit me .. I was divorcing my hezbend and under a ton of stress .. With a little more exersise .. and some predinsone it cleared right up .. You may want to see if there are any stress factors looming out there .. Hugs to you .. Nat
Tam
on 1/8/06 7:01 am - Richmond, VA
Thank you to everyone that gave suggesstions and prayers! I have actually been under LESS stress than usual, which is great for me. I have not changed laundry detergents or anything like that. I have always used tide products since I was a child and I still use it now. Maybe it is the stress of tying to get all the protein in! I am not sure but I am on the phone with one doctor or another every other day trying to get an answer to this. I am glad that benadryl is on the approved list of meds that are not supposed to hurt our pouch! I will keep you all posted. Tammy
elizabeth b-c
on 1/8/06 9:47 am - Charlottesville, VA
Tammy, I have had yeast infections under my breasts for a long time, and the only thing that clears them up is Lotrimin powder. You can buy it from Wal-Mart, and I put it on twice a day. The infection usually goes away in a day or two. Also, I was really diabetic before my surgery, but it has gone away since, and the infections are almost gone. They may crop up for a day, but a day or two of Lotrimin clears them right up. elizabeth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views