Constapation.....

kizie23
on 1/7/06 9:59 pm - blacksburg, VA
Hey family how is everyone doing this fine Sunday morning. I know this is a question that has been asked several times, but here it goes again. I am only a week and a half out. I tried to go this morning and I could not. I am not sure what to do. I have taken a stool softener, and I am waiting to see if it works. I do not see my surgeon until Tuesday, can anyone offer some advise?? Melissa
Shanana
on 1/7/06 10:03 pm - Altavista, VA
The pain killers did this to me. I had to take stool softeners w/ them. I also have to take them sometimes now. Hope they work for you. I came home w/ a script for them from the hospital. Shannon
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/7/06 10:07 pm - Danville, VA
Melissa, I have been very fortunate in this area...never really had a problem...Thank goodness. The only thing I can think of is that Senekot is a good stool softener...doesn't cause blasting...hehe. Hope everything comes out alright! Hugs a bunch Betsy
TammyNVA
on 1/7/06 10:31 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Melissa, I had this problem... BAD... for the first time in my life after WLS. Other than the stool softeners try this: More water More moving around (walk laps around the inside of your house, that's what I did) Less pain medication. Good Luck! Tammy
hollydecarlo
on 1/7/06 10:54 pm - hopewell, VA
melissa, i also had this problem. it to was the pain meds. i eventually had to use a fleet. and it worked . dont worry it will go away and get normal soon mine did. it took a while had to use fleet like 3 x { not in a row} but on different times. hope you feel better soon , holly
A10sFrau
on 1/8/06 2:05 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Melissa, I agree on the water water water and walk more. Also, are you taking calcium and iron at the same time? That is very constipating. They should be taken 4 hours apart. Also, are you eating any applesauce? I don't know waht your diet allows right now, but fruit usually helps, if allowed. Don't know if any of this applies, BUT I tried. A Fleets enema is also a possiblity if you are in misery. Don't let it go on, though. Someone on the main board got VERY sick from being impacted (colon packed up with hard feces). Lois
wanda
on 1/8/06 3:15 am
Melissa, I also suffered from this early on. Something my surgeon recommended and worked for me is an herbla tea called "Smooth Move". You drink it at night and it works like magic. Didn't experience much cramping or anything. You do need to follow the directions and steep for 10 minutes, etc. In my grocery store, it's near the herbal foods rather than the regular tea. Good luck! ~Wanda
Nancy M.
on 1/8/06 9:39 am - Mt. Jackson, VA
Glycerin suppositories work well for me.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views