Plastic Surgery???

Iamspoi1ed
on 1/6/06 9:49 am - Roanoke, VA
Hey! I was wondering if anyone knows anything about getting plastic surgery after an RNY? Does insurance companies generally pay anything on it (or for it? ) I am kinda freaked out at the prospect of having to carry 10 pounds of excess skin around and all....Any ideas?? Does anyone know how much it costs?? Thanks!!! Mary
wanda
on 1/6/06 10:25 am
Hi Mary, I don't know about the cost, but I do know I plan to have some if I possibly can. At least a tummy tuck after I've lost all that I want to and have stablized awhile. I know that some insurance companies will pay if you have any difficulty with rashes, etc. from the excess skin and if you have the need for hernia surgery they will typically do a tummy tuck at the same time for that reason. I know I want to look as good as possible, but I will be pleased to have lost the weight, be healthier and feel better even if I am unable to have any plastic surgery. Keep smiling -- only days until your surgery! ~Wanda
TammyNVA
on 1/6/06 7:58 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Mary, I also plan on having excess skin from tummy removed... but I still have a long way to go on this journey. Insurance companies vary, and change all the time. Usually, if a medical necessity can be tied in, the insurance will cover it. Good luck
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/06 9:42 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Mary - Typical for the INSURANCE world - they try to find any and all reasons NOT to cover a proceedure - regardless of it's medical tie ins. I've lost 230 lbs and carried a big portion of that weight around my midsection (apple shaped chicklet here) after losing the weight, my stomach pretty much melted all around me. With lots of documentation (the long drawn out version of "what" is in my profile under plastic surgery notes) ...I WAS able to get the insurance company (TriCare) to approve the abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) with muscle tightening and a breast lift. Photos, before and after, are in my profile. The rest of the procedures - breast implants, arm lift, neck lift and upper eye lid lift were all CASH procedures to the tune of $22K. The upside, it's being reported on the 1040's and we'll get about 10% of that back ....lol, big whoopty'do huh? - Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views