I NEED YOU .. !!!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/06 6:50 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Ok Virginia .. it is crunch time .. The General Assembly will be voting soon on the upcoming Insurance Bill . I need volunteers who are willing to go with some local Doctors down to the General Assembly to speak before them to rally for the bill . If you are not familiar with this bill please go to: www.obesityvote.com This will explain it all . You will also be directed to sign up for announcements and you can find out who your congress person is in your area . You can also write them and tell them your story via this site . This is a cause that is very dear to my heart . This bill if passed would mandate Gastric Bypass surgery be covered by your insurance companies in the State of Va . So ... email me and I will contact you on how to do this . Let's get out there .. and tell our stories .. My life was saved by this .. Thank God I had insurance .. but what if I my insurance did not cover this .. NUFF SAID .. I love you all and Know that this VA BOARD will come out swingin ! Always, Pix
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/6/06 8:06 am - Danville, VA
What can I do for ya? I will do all I can, Sweetie.. Hugs, Betsy
DeniseinVA
on 1/6/06 8:27 am - Midlothian, VA
I thought I posted this already, but I didnt post. Natalie, I will do whatever I can to help. Having insurance is very to us in order to have surgery, I know it has been a huge factor for me. Denise
kizie23
on 1/6/06 9:40 am - blacksburg, VA
Nat, Let me know what you need me to do. Melissa
Shannon_nicole
on 1/6/06 10:09 am - Carrollton, VA
You've got my support... let me know how I can help.
wanda
on 1/6/06 10:28 am
Nat, Do you know the date? I will be happy to attend and do anything else I possibly can as long as I'm in town and available. ~Wanda
Ric
on 1/7/06 1:25 pm - Stafford, VA
Count me in hun just let me know when and where ! See ya soon.
ResolvedVA
on 1/8/06 2:06 am - Bluemont, VA
Pix- Let me know how I can help. I was a self pay ($35,000) in October because my insurance policy had specific WLS exclusions. I am lucky in that while I still owe the bank, I could do this. I am sure that there are many people out there who are literally "dying" for lack of this surgery but cannot afford to self pay. I have not had a chance to read the bill yet, does it cover DS surgery or just any type of WLS surgery? Also, thanks for the information on nectar protein and protein in general. I forgot to send you a reply - Taylor
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views