Went shopping for the Winter Conference!!

jilldennis
on 1/6/06 6:09 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Good Evening All and especially to my shopping partner Donna!!! Yesterday I went for my four month check up with Dr. Moazzez. Everything is going good...the only thing he seemed concerned about was my gallbladder. We were talking about foods that bother me and he seems to think it may be that my gallbladder is acting up...soooo...I have to get an ultrasound to see what is going on. I also have to have my labwork redone in about 2 weeks...just to make sure everything is back on track. He says keep doing just what I'm doing! I am also now in the normal range for BMI!!! After my appointment Donna (Donna Mae from the VA Board) and I went shopping at Macy's and went to lunch at Don Pablo's. I need to find a dress and shoes for the Winter Conference. The very first dress I tried on fit perfectly (a size 12~!!!) - who ever would of thought!!! NOT ME!!! Then of course, I just had to have a new pair of shoes to match. I tried it on for Jon when he got home from work - he liked it too! I'm not going to post any pictures of it until after the conference! But it is definitely a vavavoom dress!! Today, I figured since I fit in to a size 12 dress I should go and get a pair of jeans that fit right. I went to Walmart and got another pair of Levi's...this time a size 12...I thought sure they would be too tight...but they are loose!! I'm going to wear them anyway because they fit better than the 14's. I never thought in my wildest dreams this would be such an awesome ride! There have been downs ~*~ but the ups definitley out "weigh" them!!! Have a great evening everyone! Hugs! Jill 278/161/140
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/06 6:56 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Jill I had a great time with you yesterday shopping. It was so good to see you and see what a little hottie you are!! Oh my gosh - you look so fantastic!! I told Greg that I was feeling pretty good about myself, just a little bit, and then after seeing you -- well, frump again!! You really looked great. I bet you got more of a reaction from Jon than 'he liked it'!! And a size 12 pants from Walmart!! How cool is that. Jill, I can't believe how much weight you've lost and how good you're doing for just four months. I am like two weeks behind you and about 50 lbs!! I had a doctor appointment today, but there was a mix up and it didn't happen. And trust me, there was nothing that I wanted to do more than drive to the District on a Friday afternoon. Ugh. Also, thanks again Jill for the clothes. I would have never thought of getting anything from Chico - love that store!! But the two dresses fit and I so much appreciate it. Keep up the good work Jill. You're doing awesome! love donna
jilldennis
on 1/7/06 5:50 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Donna - I know Jon was getting sick of me talking about you last night!! I had so much fun!!...and I can't wait to do it again!! I tried calling my mom this morning so I could tell her how good you looked! It is so amazing...how much you have changed in just two months...has it been that long since I saw you last? We both need to get new pictures! You are doing soooooo great!!! Love you bunches! Hugs Jill
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/6/06 7:17 am - Danville, VA
Hi Jill...Sounds like you and Donna had a ball...I am looking forward to being able to go out and buy new clothes...I am really excited about the conference and can't wait to meet you both. Can't wait to see the new dudes...exciting, huh? I am hoping to get into an older dress that I have not been able to get into in a long time. Almost afraid to try it on. I do need to get a new pair of shoes..Was hoping to have the "g" tube gone but it is coming with me...hehe.... Have a wonderful and blessed evening. Hugs, Betsy
jilldennis
on 1/7/06 6:04 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Betsy We did have a good time...Donna is one of the sweetest people! I never used to like to shop for clothes...now I love it! I am bringing a long some extra dresses with me...they range from sizes 18 - 24...if for some reason yours doesn't fit...I'm sure we can hook you up!! I can't wait to see you!!!!...and get my hug!! Love & Hugs! Jill
TammyNVA
on 1/6/06 8:19 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Jill, Sounds like you and Donna had a great time!! I'm excited to see everyone all "dolled up." I, like Betsy, am hoping to get into a dress that I got several years ago, wore once, and been keeping in my closet for 7 years! I'm loosing weight fast right now, so I'm not sure where I will be that weekend. I tried the dress on last week and could get into it but not a chance of zipping it up. It's very tricky, trying to plan what you are wearing in advance at this stage of the journey. I will definitely need to buy new shoes! Shoes are a toughy for me because I have short, wide feet with a high instep! Have a great weekend! **hugs** Tammy
jilldennis
on 1/7/06 6:08 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Tammy I am sorry I haven't gotten those pictures of the dresses to you...there just doesn't seem to be enought hours in a day! I am going to bring them all to the conference...just in case someone needs one...I will still try to get you pictures though! I know what you mean about shoes...I had a wide foot for the past 12 years or so...now all of the sudden it is back to a normal width..but I have done so much damage to my foot...it's hard to find shoes that fit with out killing me. I did find a pair of really cute sandals and I am going to wear them! I can't wait to meet you! Hugs! Jill
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/06 10:01 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Jill - Isn't Donna Mae just the sweetest lady?!? I'm jealous - ya'll live close enough to each other to shop and do lunch. Congrats on the size 12's - I remember the day my size tags FINALLY began with a "1_" ...no 2's no 3's no XXXXXX's, etc. I still have the size 18 tags from those jeans in my memory/scrap file. Soooooooooooooooo about that va-va-vooooooooooom dress of yours, are you gonna at least tell us what COLOR it is? Can't wait to see you in it. Hugs - Lei
jilldennis
on 1/7/06 6:12 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Lei I just love Donna...I want to adopt her!! I live an 1 1/2 hours away from Donna - so it's kinda hard...but we promised we are going to do it more often!! I took the tags off my old bra and put in my scrap book...I didn't even think about the tags off of clothes...too late now...I have given most every thing away! No regrets whatsoever!!! Hmmmmm should I tell you the color??? Sure why not, it's kind of a celery green color with sparkles! My son says it matches my eyes! It is an awesome dress!...and very va-va-voooooooooooooom!!! Kinda scary that I can wear something like that!!! Hugs! Jill
Ms Court
on 1/7/06 10:18 am - Remington, VA
Hello Jill. Glad to hear you had so much fun on your trip. I alreadly know I will love your dress just because it is green. That is my favorite color. As of right now I am planning on wearing a dress that I have had for a few years as long as it isn't too big. I don't think that will happen because I am losing pretty slowly. Courtney 5 1/2 weeks out - 30 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views