Fattest & Fittest cities to live in!

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/06 10:28 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
An interesting segment from the Today Show this morning - the "Fattest and Fittest Cities to live in". The FITTEST Cities were: SEATTLE ....."Eighty-five percent of Seattle residents get some exercise every month, and that's a really significant thing," says Men's Fitness Editor in Chief, Neal Boulton. Must be something in the coffee Seattle was followed by.... Honolulu Colorado Springs San Francisco and Denver. The FATTEST Cities: HOUSTON was named the fattest city for the fourth time in five years, followed by..... Philadelphia Detroit Memphis and Chicago. What I find IRONIC about the "Fittest Cities" list? I lived in 4 of the 5 cities listed (Honolulu, Seattle, Colorado Springs, & Denver) for a total of 25 years and still managed to stay "super morbidly obese" that entire time. Go figure! It would appear I was NOT included in the survey?
Susan E.
on 1/5/06 10:39 pm - Purcellville, VA
Thanks for the tidbit of info. I wonder where good ole Virginia fits in on that survey? Have a great weekend. Susan
(deactivated member)
on 1/5/06 10:46 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Susan - LOL - don't thank me yet, sweet thang! I got the info from: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6790560/ because I thought that I'd missed the actual live taping on the TODAY show - of course, as soon as I hit SEND the live taping comes on. That being said, I barely paid attn till it was almost too late. It would appear the info I got from their website was a YEAR OLD. I did "hear" where they mentioned that VIRGINIA BEACH was actually on the "Fittest" Cities to live in now. Hugs - Lei
(deactivated member)
on 1/5/06 10:48 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
I took the above information from the following website: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6790560/ because I thought I'd missed the actual live taping on the TODAY show - of course, as soon as I hit SEND the live taping comes on. lol - whatever! Anyone know how to get the CURRENT INFO?!? Or did you watch it on TV and save it to memory, my memory sucks which is why I was trying to find it in text. That being said, I barely paid attn till it was almost too late. It would appear the info I got from their website was a YEAR OLD. I did "hear" where VIRGINIA BEACH was actually on the "Fittest" Cities to live in.
DawnVA
on 1/6/06 12:15 pm - VA
Maybe it was another survey, but I heard that the Fittest City was named Baltimore. How idiotic is that?! LOL! Dawn
DawnVA
on 1/6/06 12:23 pm - VA
I just saw your new post. What was I thinking?! LOL!!! Baltimore as FATTEST city makes MUCH more sense! Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/06 9:28 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
LOL - the truly sad thing, Dawn? Even after making the new and improved (REVISED) Post, I still think I messed up. I dunno - you'd think this late in life I'd know to PROOF my stuff BEFORE I hit the send button. It's a terrible habit of mine, hit send, then proof, then **** and moan about all my errors afterwards! As you could tell by all my "ooopsies" I still havent a clue what's what, who's fit and who's not. At this rate, I suspect even there data is based on little to no backing so why don't WE just create our own list? Hope you're having a wonderful morning - we're finally seeing BLUE SKIES and SUNSHINE in my neck of the woods! Hugs - Lei
Fribby
on 1/7/06 5:46 am - Chesapeake, VA
Leilani, You have me beat... I only lived in 3 of the cities on my journey to SUPER MORBID OBESITY!!!! Smiles Patti
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views