Good Morning, VA

Betsy Anitahug
on 1/5/06 7:32 pm - Danville, VA
Well, another morning waking up with cramps in my leg....what a bummer. I even drank an extra protein drink last night as the Isopure also has alot of potassium in it. I will call the surgeon today after I get back from the neurologist. I am finally sleeping better at night but sure don't like waking up to the cramp. It took another 5 minutes to walk it off.... My wonderful son, made me the best dinner last night I have had since surgery! I had chicken, mashed potatoes and mixed veggies....all pureed with chicken gravy....I know it sounds yucky but it was wonderful. All I have really had was things like yogurt, cottage cheese, etc. This was such a great change. He is the berry best cook around. Besides bananas, what is a good source of potassium? I am thinking orange juice but isn't that to acidy so soon after surgery? Any suggestions are welcome. I hope that everyone has a wonderful day today...I think it is going to be a good day for me. I am going to a lawyer on Tuesday and I know I will feel better about this mess I am in and what my rights are. I am so unknowledgable about legal matters and I hate the unknown. My first divorce, after 28 years, was so calm and we respected each other with everything...I didn't even need a lawyer...we met at a notary public and signed all the papers and it was over. After 3 years of marriage, I am going to have to fight for what I consider mine. What a shame..I just want this over and my life to begin again. God has plans for me and I am going to be much happier and healthier! I have so much to be thankful for if I leave here with nothing. But....I do need one of the cars.. Anyway, friends, Have a great day! I love you all. Hugs, Betsy
Kitty Kat
on 1/5/06 7:51 pm - Richmond, VA
Ok beautiful please do call your surgeon and let us know what is said. There are potassium pills you can be given to bring those levels up. Again, see what your surgeon says. There is a very good possibility you are dehydrated. Trust me you could be and not even realize it. You MUST drink. Walk every chance you get. Even when you don't feel like it just walk. Ooooohhhh avoid the OJ for a while. It is much too acidy well, for most of us so early post op. I would truly consider mushing up a banana and eating it slowly. It WILL help you. I'm honestly surprised you are able to eat what you are pureed or not right now. That is a lot but good luck. As for the legal stuff...sweetie God DOES have a plan and we WILL get there. You have the fight in you and WILL get through this. You've got us and God. There is NO ONE else you need. You have always had this strength within you just need to dig it out of you. Just wait beautiful...your journey is only getting better with each passing day. Just give it to God. Love ya, Kitty Kat
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/5/06 8:23 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Kitty Kat...I love looking at your smile every morning. It is beautiful. I was on potassium pills before surgery but it can't be crushed....soooo, I hope they have some that can be. Dinner last night was good but I really only had maybe a teaspoon of each...then ground it up to mush but it sure tasted good. Everyone was surprised how fast I filled up. It is amazing, isn't it? Dr wants me not to drink anything an hour before eating or an hour after and he wants me to fill the tank... About the legal stuff...it is so over my little five foot head! Never had a legal mind...boggles me..Hope to find a good lawyer though that can get me through it all. I may call another one today...fees are really steep with this one I am seeing Tuesday...on my limited income, I may not be able to afford him. Not unless Ray has to pay. Just keep me in your prayers. I appreciate all the moral support I get from the board.. Have a wonderful day, Kat, and can't wait to see you in your dress! We will all be just glowing on the 21st. I know I will be and I can't wait. Hugs, Betsy
Smukums
on 1/5/06 8:01 pm - Richmond, VA
Good Morning Betsy I am sorry to hear about your cramps again - maybe when you call the doctor they can suggest something for them. Sounds like your son is coming in handy. You need to be spoiled and treated good I hope you have a wonderful day as well as everyone else here. Its Friday - woohoo! I know once you go to your lawyer on Tuesday you hopefully will feel more at ease with everything. Knowledge is good and it is powerful! Like you said - there is a plan and we all know yours is going to be wonderful - just stay strong! Have a Great Day and Keep your chin high Nicole
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/5/06 8:27 pm - Danville, VA
Mornin' Nicole...Yeah, my son is so good to me and very protective. Thank Goodness it is Friday, huh? I am looking forward to a peaceful and relaxing weekend. Been a very busy week for me. I am looking forward to this wonderful new life I have coming my way. My chin is high but dog gone it...I am getting a turkey neck...got to excersise it away....it looks funny! Have a great day, Nicole.. Love ya, Betsy
(deactivated member)
on 1/5/06 8:10 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Betsy - I was going to cut and paste the list from this website (below) to the board, but it doesn't keep the columns so the text gets bunched together. Click on the link below and it takes you to a site that lists the HIGH potassium foods, veggies, juices, etc - based on a 1/2 cup serving. http://www.kidney.org/atoz/atozItem.cfm?id=103 Good luck with the attorney on Tuesday - I agree, once you've turned some of the details over to the expert, it'll give you a sense of relief and peace of mind to focus on the things you can control. btw - the meal your son made for you did not sound bad at all, I remember graduating to the pureed stages of REAL food. Anything that would fit into a blender and purify became my gourmet meal of the day and it was GOOD!! It was so nice to get away from the sweet tastes of protein shakes, jello, pudding, etc - oh what Id do to hate the SWEET taste of food again! Have a wonderful day - keeping it positive is half the battle and you've perfected that!!! Hugs - Lei
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/5/06 8:37 pm - Danville, VA
Sweet, Lei....so glad to see you posting again...I have missed you terribly. Thank you so much for the link...these cramps are no fun at all. Just not sure I can eat a banana....I feel like I would gag on it right now. I am really enjoying the change in my body so far...only getting a turkey neck...gotta find a good excersise for that. Can't wait to see you at the conference...Will be bringing my camera and taking lots and lots of pictures. It is going to be so much fun. It has been a very long time for me. You are so right about the pureed food...anything I can get into the blender, gets blended and yummy. I was on the clear liquid for 3 weeks so anything tastes good now. I guess that is part of the process...be thankful for every new taste. Retrain this body to eat what is good for us. I just don't have much of an appetite. Now, about the positive....I am not a negative person and pretty much stay away from negative people...we have to concentrate on the positive and it is always there if we just look for it. Well, Lei, you have a wonderful day and I really have missed ya.. Hugs, Betsy
TammyNVA
on 1/5/06 9:11 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Poor Betsy's legs... Hey, I had an idea. Instead of just mashing up a banana, how about adding a little, like 2" when you mix up a shake... yummmm. I haven't tried that yet, but I'm going to. In your area, do they have legal aid? Legal referral service? Often times through these services, your first consult with an attorney is free, then discounted thereafter. Very rare for hubby to pay YOUR attorney fee. Get your own for sure. With my divorce 8 years ago, I started off with a Great, high powered attorney, but I ended up dropping her before all was said and done because I ran out of money! I just found out this year, regarding ex's military retirement, that a clause should have be part of the final decree and wasn't. Now I'm but it's too late to do anything about it. I'm out about $150 per month for the rest of my life... could be 40 years (hopefully.) Have a great day sweety! Tammy
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/5/06 9:22 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Tammy, I checked with Legal aid here and I have to be separated for 6 months before they will work with me. Don't want to wait that long...he is trying to sell the house and cars out from under me so....everything is in his name. Which might be a good thing...such a jerk...don't know why I ever thought I could make this marriage work. Live and learn...Since I am on disabiltiy because of multiple mini strokes that destroyed my memory and concentration, I have to take care of me...need a car..things will work out just fine...I know God is watching over me. I am getting a new life and getting healthier too. Hugs, Betsy
kabarron1
on 1/5/06 10:47 pm - Hopewell, VA
Hey Betsy, I feel for you on the whole "just want this over and my life to begin again" thing. I signed the legal seperation agreement 1 week before my surgery. She just up and decided that she didn't want to be married any longer. Oh well! But you're right to try and find a lawyer to protect your rights. There was SOOOO much I didn't know the first time she left me. I was ready to sign what ever she put in front of me. Luckily my Mom suggested that I go speak with a lawyer before I signed anything. She went with me and said she could see the instant I started realizing that I didn't just have to bend over and take it. Said, I started asking questions more rapidly, sitting up in my chair, and listening intently to what he had to say. It takes A LOT of planning, more so for us Dad's since the court still leans towards the Mother in custody battles. But to ensure you don't get screwed a lawyer is the best idea. I'm assuming you two won't be able to sit down and come up with a Legal Seperation Agreement you can both agree on huh? There are a lot of different sceniros that can play out in your favor. But you've taken the first correct steps in that you contacted a lawyer. Best of luck to you in the and the rest of your journey, Keith 310/221/???
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views