Prayers needed!

Kathy & Rich
on 1/5/06 8:01 am - Fairfax, VA
My sister Pam had a biopsy on one of her breasts yesterday and today they found out it was positive. I didn't talk to her she went to lay down to rest but my BIL called with the news. Honestly, I knew this was coming. I had *that* feeling. I spoke to my dad who did talk to my sister earlier and from his understanding they may have found two different types of cancer from the biopsy. I've done some reading but I really need to hear more from her to find out what is up. She has calcifications in that breast (so do I) but about a year and a hal*****hey saw some "smooth" calcifications and they were "watching" them so she went to have mammograms every 6 months. After her mammogram last month, she asked the doctor about the 6 month exams and asked if she could get a biopsy instead just to be safe. I'm glad she did. I do hope that it was in time. I do know that she will be seeing a surgeon on Monday. I'd appreciate all the support. Kathy
yvette223
on 1/5/06 8:03 am - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
Kathy your sister is in my prayers! yvette
Kathy & Rich
on 1/5/06 8:05 am - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Yvette! I think she'll/we'll need all we can get. Appreciate it. Kathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/5/06 8:05 am - Danville, VA
Oh, Kathy, I am so sorry...Your sister will definately be in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, they get it all in time. You make sure you keep getting checked as well. How old is she? Breast cancer is an awful thing. Let us know how things go for her. Hugs, Betsy
Kathy & Rich
on 1/5/06 8:06 am - Fairfax, VA
My sister is 3 years older....so she is 48. Thanks, Betsy. Hugs, Kathy
cappymoon
on 1/5/06 8:13 am - Northern, VA
You got it, she is definatley in my prayers......hope everything works out for the best!!!! Take care of you as well, so you can be there for her Dianna
Smukums
on 1/5/06 8:27 am - Richmond, VA
Kathy - I am sorry to hear about your sister's news. My mom was diagnosed with Breast Cancer this year and we had to learn a lot real quick. She will make it through just fine! - especially if she is a sister of yours - from reading your posts i can tell strong women must run in your family. Feel free to email me if you have any questions - you are in my thoughts and prayers! Nicole
Kathy & Rich
on 1/5/06 8:41 am - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Nicole! I'll feel better once I talk to her and find out what she knows and what she learns next week. I'm very research oriented so knowing nothing other than "positive" isn't enough, ya know? Hugs, Kathy
Kathy & Rich
on 1/5/06 8:42 am - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, hon! Kathy
hollydecarlo
on 1/5/06 8:55 am - hopewell, VA
sending prayers you and your sisters way!! take care hon ..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views