Oh my aching...everything!!

(deactivated member)
on 1/6/06 8:01 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Elizabeth .. I have to agree with Dianna .. she never called you stupid and she was not judging you . She merely made an oversite that this member was post op . And she is 100 % correct . As a gastric bypass patient you can never take NSAIDS .. Dianna was only trying to help her out . I am not an RN but I can tell you that if there is a surgeon anywhere that performs RNY or any other Bariatric surgery and he tells me it is ok to take NSAIDS .. shame on me for not being a better consumer and shopping for a better surgeon . Nsaids could kill . It does not take anyone to have a degree .. or be an RN .. I have 2 degrees .. working on my Masters degree and I do not know everything .. but I can tell you that when it came to my surgery and my life .. I researched it long and hard .. and like I said .. if there is a surgeon out there that would prescibe NSAIDS .. HE WOULD NOT be my surgeon . Dianna is a very kind - loving and extremely educated Bypass Patient . She is defiantly someone I would want to mentor among this WLS community .. As a Chapter Team Leader for Obesity Help , I take pride in what we offer here at OBESTITY HELP . Hence the name .. HELP . And it is not often that we see this type of attitude among our members . We ask that everyone come here with a loving .. caring mind set .. do we all agree ... No ... Mistakes are made we learn from them .. and this board and it's members are some of the best supporting people you can find . We all suffered or are suffering from Obesity .. some of these people have never been outside their homes.. and OH has made it possible for us to communicate and to have a place to come to where EVERYONE understands .. This site is meant to educate .. not to ridicule .. it is meant for support and encouragment .. and it saddens me .. to see this type of post .. I am sorry that you could not see that she was trying to help .. Natalie OBESITY HELP CHAPTER SUPPORT GROUP LEADER 06
elizabeth b-c
on 1/6/06 8:54 am - Charlottesville, VA
I never said my surgeon or any other would OK NSAIDS, and you don't have access to private email that went on off site. You aren't the only one *****searched long and hard...I've been looking into this for over six years, but, as you know, we have to make the decision when the time is right and you can make the commitment to aftercare and working the tool that we're given. You shouldn't be so judging, either. Go back and re-read my original post. I was trying to help a PRE-OP patient when she requested help...and yet you accuse me of not being in the spirit of this site. Your comments aren't particularly kind or helpful. Dianna was in the wrong. I was extending a helping hand and got flamed for it. elizabeth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views