Oh my aching...everything!!

ElizabethC
on 1/5/06 7:55 am - Wirtz, VA
Well, I went for my first trip to the gym today after years of absolutely no exercise (other than the ol' household and mommy chores). I had a fitness orientation where they showed me how to use all the circuit training equipment. Suprisingly to me, I didn't feel self-conscious, and the trainer (Lucy) was fantastic! I left feeling really motivated...and hours later my body aches in places I didn't know I had! I'm still planning to go back tomorrow and take a water aerobics class though. I have my second consultation tomorrow afternoon, too! Can't wait to get the date for surgery-woohoo! Now off to soak my muscles. Elizabeth C
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/5/06 8:07 am - Danville, VA
I am so proud of you....that hot bath will do wonders for you, Sweetie. You are on your way to the most fantastic journey of your life. We will be right here with you. Hugs, Betsy
Smukums
on 1/5/06 8:28 am - Richmond, VA
great job! just getting there is the first step! Keep up the hard work! Nicole
elizabeth b-c
on 1/5/06 11:06 am - Charlottesville, VA
Take a couple of aleve or ibuprofen or aspirin before you go to bed (but have a small snack with them). NSAIDs will help with the muscle aches. Also, drink lots of fluids to wash the lactic acid out of your muscles. That's what makes them hurt. Let us know how you do...and congrats on going to the gym. elizabeth 359/243/215/160 (start, now, doc's goal, my goal)
elizabeth b-c
on 1/5/06 11:06 am - Charlottesville, VA
Take a couple of aleve or ibuprofen or aspirin before you go to bed (but have a small snack with them). NSAIDs will help with the muscle aches. Also, drink lots of fluids to wash the lactic acid out of your muscles. That's what makes them hurt. Let us know how you do...and congrats on going to the gym. elizabeth 359/243/215/160 (start, now, doc's goal, my goal)
cappymoon
on 1/6/06 12:12 am - Northern, VA
Hi Elizabeth, I read your post last night and it has bugged me all night long, and this is the first chance I have had to get back to you. I dont want to seem like I am preaching to you, but it is almost careless your surgeon did not warn you about NSAIDS. You cannot take them. Ever again. Please do not use these types of medications as they can cause ulcers, which in a regular stomach is bad enough but in our *tiny tummys* it could be disaterous. If you go to google, and input "Gastric Bypass Surgery" + NSAID you will come up with alot of sites that back this up. Please dont take this as a flame of any kind. I am just amazed your surgeon told you nothing about it. I was at the doctors yesterday complaining about my ovarian cyst, and she said Motrin, right off the bat. I told her I couldnt take that, and had to explain I had gastric bypass, and she said, Yup, I see that now, how about a heating pad (How bout some percocets is what I wanted to say, but she is not my regular doctor ) So, here I sit with my Tylenol grinning and bearing it. This is one of the prices we must pay as gatric bypass patients. Hope that helped Dianna
Susan E.
on 1/5/06 12:59 pm - Purcellville, VA
It will get better with time, hang in there Susan
ElizabethC
on 1/6/06 1:37 am - Wirtz, VA
I'm pre-op, so the NSAIDS are okie-dokie for now, but I have read that after surgery to stay away from them...which brings me to the question...what do people use post-op for those everyday aches and pains? I know I need to use ibuprofen at least 3 days a month for "that time", and I have occasional mild migraines too. Also, I've heard some people say "no Aleve, but Tylenol is OK", others say "nada". I'm confused!!
elizabeth b-c
on 1/6/06 6:36 am - Charlottesville, VA
Cappymoon, I'm not stupid - I knew she was pre-op, and so advised the NSAIDS. I wouldn't ever advise them for a post-op, and you shouldn't assume my what my doctor or anyone in his office told me about taking NSAIDS. I am an RN - maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge without rereading the post. elizabeth
cappymoon
on 1/6/06 7:34 am - Northern, VA
I did, insert foot in mouth. Never implyed you were stupid, just mis informed, which I found a lot of on the boards. I didnt want someone to screw their pouch up over mis information..... sorry.......but if I am correct, you were real quick to judge over the holidays when no one posted to your post, so I think things are now even....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views