Blood Pressure??

cappymoon
on 1/5/06 7:52 am - Northern, VA
Hello everyone! Does anyone know about blood pressure?? I was at the doctors today with a lundry list of complaints, and they took my blood pressure. She said it was 92/62. Does this sound low?? Also, I am dehydrated, she told me to drink gatoraid. Do they make this sugar free, or does anyone else know of something else I can drink/do to make my fluid levels come back?? This was not my surgeon, but I am thinking about calling that office in the am.... TIA!! Dianna
ElizabethC
on 1/5/06 8:00 am - Wirtz, VA
That sounds like a darn good BP to me! As far as hydration, water of course is great, but I think that Propel (made by Gatorade) is sugar-free, and I've heard lots of good stuff about the taste. Perhaps you could dilute the regular stuff too. Any of the drinks that help restore electrolytes pretty much have carbs in them though. Elizabeth C
Kathy & Rich
on 1/5/06 8:04 am - Fairfax, VA
For most individuals, a healthy blood pressure lies between 90/60 mmHg to 130/80 mmHg. So, you are fine. If you go low...you'd be lightheaded or have dizziness. As for sports drinks... I'd drink Propel. It is SF but has some of the electrolytes in it. There is one called Champion Lyte but I have no clue where to buy it or what it tastes like. It is SF but like gatorade. Kathy
sylvia
on 1/5/06 8:04 am - Stafford, VA
Hi Dianna - that is on the low side. Book normal is 110 to 120 over 70 or 80. Could it be that the person taking your blood pressure was new and not that good at reading? I have had that happen over the years. I would check with my regular doctor if I were you. syl
Kathy & Rich
on 1/5/06 8:07 am - Fairfax, VA
I also meant to say that mine BP is like yours at last check. When I went for my endoscopy in November or so I was shocked at how low it was considering I had high pressure before WLS. Kathy
elizabeth b-c
on 1/5/06 11:12 am - Charlottesville, VA
Dianna, my blood pressure ranges from 80/40 to 95/60. It used to be really high, but now it is low normal. I have to be careful sometimes not to stand too fast from stting or lying, but other than that my doc and I are thrilled. I think you're OK on the blood pressure. Sugar free Kool Aid with a teaspoon of salt and a 1/4 teaspoon of potassium salt substitute makes a fine rehydration solution, and is very cheap. We used to recommend this formula in poor children when I worked as a nurse because the parents couldn't afford the Pedialyte. Hang in there - why are you dehydrated? elizabeth 359/243/215/160 (pre-op, now, doc's goal, my goal)
H. MC
on 1/6/06 3:29 am - Arlington, VA
how about drinking pedilyte (spelling) the stuff we give our kids later H
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views