Seminar

(deactivated member)
on 1/5/06 1:22 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Well, I went to Dr. Terracina's seminar yesterday. I had gone before, a year ago. Not much new info except more info on the lap band. I want this to move forward quickly, so I scheduled my phsyc eval appointment. I see Dr. Reese on Wed the 11th. After that, the receptionist said that they will file for ins approval. So I guess I am on my way. It kinda seems unreal. That this may really happen this time. I have been obsessing about the WLS for 2 yrs now. I guess until I am doing pre-op it will seem unreal. Well, I am on my way to being a "loser". WooHoo!! Corinn
elvera
on 1/5/06 2:18 am - LaPlata, MD
Corinn, I've been where you are. Dr. Reese is really nice. There is a support Group meeting on the 11th at 7pm at the Sentara Careplex in Hampton. Try to make it. You will be required to go to one anyway and they only have one each month. Dr. Terrasina is doing my surgery on the 31st. And I am so excited. I have classes to go to each wee****il the 31st. So looks like I will be busy. And I know what you mean by it seems so unreal. I'm still there. I guess I will be there until I'm on the table. Hang in there time will go by fast... Elvera
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/5/06 5:43 am - Danville, VA
Good for you, corinn...it is a life saving decision. I feel as though I have gotten so much healthier already...I have lost 18 pounds in 18 days...It is the best thing I have ever done for myself. Hugs, Betsy
Christine Hood
on 1/5/06 1:10 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Congrats Corinn on taking that step!! I am exactly where you are now...I went to the seminar at Norfolk General in November, met with Dr Snyder (who seems awesome) and have scheduled my psych and wellness classes! Norfolk Surgical will submit for approval after all of that...it's going relatively smoothly so I am waiting for the glitch...keeping my fingers crossed for both of us!! Good luck! Christine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views