Daily Post: Jan. 5th

Kitty Kat
on 1/4/06 8:32 pm - Richmond, VA
Morning VA Buggas! How was your day yesterday? Do share.... Ups? Downs? Any good news? Bad news? I got in my 2 miles walk last pm. I'm proud as that makes 3 days in a row @ 2 miles. It really makes me feel good. I am sleeping a lil' better too. I got in all my necessities yesterday and might I add (disclaimer: I was bad ) Hershey Kisses w/ Caramel in the middle are NOT necessities. DARN MY DADDY! I am NOT weighing myself for a bit. I want to see how I do. 165 lb is where I've been hanging out and I'm DONE with that! I also cleaned house which requires moving furniture to sweep etc. I'd say I got in some exercise. K now on with out day! How will you move your body today? Of course my 2 miles walk today at some point! I am also going to lunch with a friend and will make sure to choose something healthy and yummy at the same time. (Prolly Wend'ys Chili and a side salad IF I can get it all down) Are/have you taking/taken your vitamins? Yep, already took 1st half! Are/have you getting/gotten in your fluids? Again, 24 oz of 7-11 10/10 almost gone... Are/have you getting/gotten in your foods (and the good ones)? Breakfast to follow! Hugs, Kitty Kat "I'll send you a postcard from Nuts, `cause that's where I'm going!" (says the Squirrel with HUGE eyes holding an acorn on my Twisted Whiskers Desk calendar)
TammyNVA
on 1/4/06 8:51 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Yesterday was GREAT! Met Wanda G., a fellow VA message board poster for coffee at Panera Bread. I was a little scared going into that place, but since I can't eat anything there, I felt fine once I sat down! Had an hour of physical therapy which ended up being a good work out for stretching and toning! THEN... I got really motivated and dug out my old "Sweatin' to the Oldies" video tape. At first I was just going to watch (who watches exercise videos???) but I ended up jumpin' in after about 2 minutes. It's mostly dancing and a LOT of fun. Also, most of the people on the tape are obese or have lost a lot of weight (they introduce them at the end) so you feel more NORMAL. **Funny kitty note: my baby kitty, Jade, was watching me dancing around the bedroom and looked scared, even put her little ears back as though to say "momma, are you ok??" Made me laugh so hard I cried! Did good with all my vitamins but not so good with food. First, I didn't eat much (1/2 cup ff yogurt, 2 sea scallops, 1/4 c mashed taters) although I did try a new protein drink... the nector fuzzy navel which I will say is OK, but better icy cold than room temp. I just keep forgetting to eat, and I was on the go a lot yesterday, so I wasn't home and pacing the kitchen. Fluids: coffee, water, decaf iced tea... all good. Looking forward to Nat's support group meeting tonight! See ya Tammy
donnap
on 1/4/06 8:57 pm - Collinsville, VA
Morning ladies! I got some walking in at the mall yesterday & will get on the dreadmill today. The arthritis in my knees has been acting up a bit, so no marathon speed for me. I've only had coffee so far, but will start my water & vitamins in a bit. I have a pampering day today - getting a pedicure & my hair trimmed, then I'll add highlights. I'm heading to Orlando next week with DH for the International Home Show, then on to his folks home for a visit. Everyone, have a blessed, beautiful day! DonnaP
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/4/06 9:43 pm - Danville, VA
Hi my kitty angel! Yesterday was a big day...going to Roanoke, (1 1/2 hour ride)....parked aways away from the dr office so walked some there...18 pounds gone...zipper out...then the ride home...went to Walmart and got some more stuff for purreed...on pureed for another 2-3 weeks. Rested for awhile when I got home and then went to church and choir practice...wore myself out...as far as food and drinks, I had a 12 oz protein drink on the way to Roanoke, Crystal light, a sf yogurt, pureed crab salad and then after church some pureed potatoe, broccoli cheese soup. Then off to bed...slept pretty good until the dreaded charlie horse at 5am. Also took my vitamins and my tums ex....only took one of my stress pills. Doing good...today going to finish taking down my tree and calling legal aid again. Going to try to stay busy today....Life is good and I am going to make it better. Love you bunches, Hugs, Betsy
David@Goal
on 1/4/06 10:53 pm - VA
pureed potatoe, broccoli cheese soup. ack! Betsy - stay away from that!!! Calorie city!! I lived on clear broths and sugar free popsicles. Potatoes in any form are no longer my friend. However - I am super jealous of your crab salad!!! Oh! Wendy's chili is also super cheap- easy to blend up and I still eatit a few times a week for protein because of all the beans and meat! David
MrsTonyaBrown
on 1/4/06 9:45 pm - Jacksonville, FL
REpost from a previous post as I hate typing things again and again...... Today is a MUCH better day than yesterday. I got up at 1am yesterday with my daughter (22 months old), who was running a high fever. We tried to treat it on our own but by 10am, we had to give up as it kept going up. Just touching her was like laying your hand against an oven. We sat in the ER from 10:30am until 3pm before they could see her and then she had to have an IV fluid push because she had been vomiting so badly and was dehydrated. It was horrible to watch her laying there so lethargic and barely able to even cry out when they put the IV in her. It turned out to be an ear infection, coupled with a viral infection, so she was not a happy camper. By the time we got her meds into her and got her to sleep, it was nearly midnight. Hubby and I finally fell asleep too. She woke up at 4am this am but her fever is way, way down, and she's no longer lethargic. If it weren't for the day spent in the ER yesterday, I'd think she wasn't even sick now. LOL. So, God is watching her and we're having a much, much better day today. Good morning to you too! Hugs, Tonya
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/06 11:02 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Today I started off with a very simple breakfast . I normally do not eat BF but today I wanted to try something different . After My Nectar .. this morning at 0600 I ate when I got to work an Egg and 1 pcs of bacon on wheat toast . Lunch will consist of some really good protein sources . No Carbs or low carb .. then some veggies .. Dinner will be something quick and good for my pouch !! As I my support group meeting and will be rushed .. Tonight .. I am going to run .. I have stopped running for fear of loosing weight again .. but I am feeling a bit stressed and running helps me with that .. One more Nectar then off to bed ! 1st round of vitamins are gone down the hatch .. 2nd round to follow tonight ! Love ya Kat ! Nat
(deactivated member)
on 1/4/06 11:03 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Today I started off with a very simple breakfast . I normally do not eat BF but today I wanted to try something different . After My Nectar .. this morning at 0600 I ate when I got to work an Egg and 1 pcs of bacon on wheat toast . Lunch will consist of some really good protein sources . No Carbs or low carb .. then some veggies .. Dinner will be something quick and good for my pouch !! As I my support group meeting and will be rushed .. Tonight .. I am going to run .. I have stopped running for fear of loosing weight again .. but I am feeling a bit stressed and running helps me with that .. One more Nectar then off to bed ! 1st round of vitamins are gone down the hatch .. 2nd round to follow tonight ! Love ya Kat ! Nat
spaceystacey
on 1/4/06 11:21 pm - Littleton, NC
Good morning Kitty Kat! Yesterday was a bad day for me as my belly was hurting all day. Drinking and eating hurt so bad that i just didn't do it. (Bad thing, I know!) I definately did not get in my protien and water. Nor did I exercise. I am switching things up today and starting my morning off with a cup of coffee. Hopefully the warmth will settle my tummy a little. The odd thing is that the nurse in the ER said that a virus is going around that only presents itself with belly pain. No fever, vomiting, aches or anything. I am hoping that's what I had and it is gone now. I plan on getting on the treadmill for 40 minutes today and then do some strength training. I am going to take my vitamins after breakfast - low sugar apple cinnamon oatmeal! I will start my good fluids after that. I hope you have a great day! hugs, Stacey
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views