Good Morning, VA

Betsy Anitahug
on 1/4/06 7:23 pm - Danville, VA
I hope that everyone is feeling great today. I got woke up this morning with a huge "Charlie Horse" in my leg...any suggestions? I walked it off finally but I guess my potassium is low..I don't know why cause my protein has alot of potassium in it as well as protein. Guess I will eat some of my banana baby food after awhile...gota let the protein drink settle first. There is so much to learn after this surgery. I do not have any regrets! I am so looking forward to a happy and healthy life. Now that I have my "zipper" out, I feel alot better...can move much easier. My sneezing has slowed down also. I am looking forward to a wonderful day...spending it with my son..Life is good! Take advantage of it. Love you all. Hugs, Betsy
Smukums
on 1/4/06 7:30 pm - Richmond, VA
Good Morning Betsy!! sorry to hear you had a lil pain this morning - hopefully it will go away quickly! I agree - there is so much to learn about this surgery. I only hope I am doing this for a reason and I wont get denied again. You have a great day with your son!! Nicole
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/4/06 7:45 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Nicole...Pain is gone..took awhile to walk it off but tis gone now. I hate those things...don't give up with these insurance companies...give them heck...you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Betsy
Smukums
on 1/4/06 7:48 pm - Richmond, VA
Thank you betsy - at times I think the surgery will happen and at times I think i will be pre op forever. When I started this process I had thought I would have had the surgery by now or at least have a date but no such luck. Now I guess its a waiting game.
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/4/06 8:18 pm - Danville, VA
Honey, you sound so much like me a few months ago. I saw my surgeon for the first time in April...got instant ins approval..saw the surgeon once a month for 6 months before he finally agreed to do the surgery! I finally got it December 16th....what a relief...once you get a date, you will feel better. I will be thinking of you. Hugs, Betsy
A10sFrau
on 1/4/06 7:52 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
I have heard several people on this board say it is potassium depletion that causes the cramping, but prior to OH i had always heard it was low calcium and you are probably taking wo calcium pills a day. Mornin' (Miss Irv Sharp don't we?) Lois
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/4/06 8:20 pm - Danville, VA
Mornin, Lois....Yup, I am on calcium...I have always had problems with potassium and it sucks....I hate those muscle cramps...very painful and I am moving slow still so it took a few minutes to jump out of bed this mornin.... Have a wonderful day, Lois...thinking about ya. Hugs, Betsy
Tam
on 1/4/06 8:31 pm - Richmond, VA
Betsy, I read in here daily, but rarely post. I know I should do it more and I will try! I had surgery 4-25-05 and had the same problem. I ended up back in the hospital for four days with dehydration and a stricture. Drink more water and/or fat free skim milk. Try and eat some banana if you can. It is not fun to go through, but I am sure you will be okay. Call your doctor and see if they want you on potassium supplements. I had to have them for a while. I am all better now (thankfully!) and am feeling great. Good luck! Hugs~ Tammy
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/4/06 9:30 pm - Danville, VA
Thanks for the information, Tammy. I know i sure don't like these things...they are painful even for a few minutes. I see my regular dr next week and she is going to check all my bloodwork. Hugs a bunch Betsy
Kitty Kat
on 1/4/06 8:55 pm - Richmond, VA
Morning sweetie, A nana is the best thing for you at this point...take is slow and get it nice and mushy....I HATE charlie horses! Don't we all... Hugs, Kitty Kat
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views