New to this board.

jennl
on 1/4/06 11:12 am - hampton, VA
Hi! I have been lurking on this board for a few days. guess its time to say Hi and I enjoy reading all the posts. I am 32 married I have a 9 month old son and live in Hampton and I am a navy wife. I work from home as a medical coder. I am scheduled for surgery on March 13th with Dr Moore. Take Care Jenn
Shannon_nicole
on 1/4/06 11:23 am - Carrollton, VA
Hey Jenn! Welcome!!! Dr. Moore and Dr. Spencer operated on me 3 weeks ago TODAY! You will be in great hands. I'm excited for you! If you get a chance... check out my profile and feel free to e-mail me. I'll be at the early support group meeting on the 12th. Let me know if I can help you in any way! I live in Carrollton and I was raised in Hampton. Hope to talk to soon! Shannon
jennl
on 1/4/06 11:06 pm - hampton, VA
I think I will go to the am support group could be a great way to start the day. Hope to see you there. Jenn
A10sFrau
on 1/4/06 11:23 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Jenn, If you read Kit Kat's post from yesterday I think it was--many of us introduced ourselves there. If youv'e been lurking you may have already read our introductions--silly me. Glad to meet you regardless. Lois
jennl
on 1/4/06 11:07 pm - hampton, VA
Glad to meet you too. Jenn
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/4/06 7:30 pm - Danville, VA
Welcome, Jenn. So good to have new posters. I have been on here for about a year and there is no better board to be. Everyone is wonderful and I love them all. We always have room for more. It is the best support group for everything! Hugs Betsy
Jill.M
on 1/4/06 8:00 pm - Franklin, VA
Hi Jenn....I had surgery 20 weeks ago TODAY with Dr. Spencer. Dr. Moore checked in on my too! The group is AWESOME! I am friends with Shannon *****plied to you, too. We are all in this journey together. I have lost 98 pounds so far and have 55 more to go to reach my goal. Read up on my profile and I will answer ANY questions you have and offer as much support as I can. Just ask Shannon! Cheer up....it won't be long now....just take your pills and get ready! Time is going to fly by and you won't believe that the 13th of March is here when it gets time! Have a great day! Jill
TammyNVA
on 1/4/06 8:24 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Hi Jenn, Welcome You've come to the right place for support, answers, and venting. We all need that at some point or another. We all have this link called obesity, and while some of us have battled it our whole lives (I started Weigh****chers at 8 years old!) others put on weight later due to events in their life. I grew up in the navy and my EX was in the navy... actually, all of my immediate family was in or married to the navy! It's part of my blood but not my life anymore. I read you profile and wanted to comment on the reactions you got from some people about the surgery. First, you gotta be careful who and how you tell. Their reaction is going to be based on what they know about this process, and let's face it, most people know very little. My mom, who is post-op for 12 1/2 years answers people very simply when they've asked how she lost weight. "There's only one way to lose weight. Eat less and move more." You don't necessarily need to tell them the TOOLs that you've used. And the key is WLS is a TOOL... we still have to diet, exercise, and take care of ourselves. In some ways WLS is harder because you MUST take care of yourself. Many of us are what I call "nurturers;" we take care of everyone else first and put ourselves last. Well, honey, with WLS, you must put yourself first! If not, you won't be able to take care of anyone else. I feel like I may be the longest contemplater for WLS in history, since both my mom and sister had WLS almost 13 years ago. I have thought about it, researched it, read stories, and finally decided to DO IT! I had to battle insurance and my own fear of surgery, but I'm 5 weeks post-op, and I'd have it all over again, tomorrow. I feel like I have a real, normal, future now. I just wish I wasn't 44 starting my life over... but better now than never! Take care, and again, welcome, Tammy
Kitty Kat
on 1/4/06 8:52 pm - Richmond, VA
Welcome Jennifer! This is THE place to be! Hugs to you and we look forward to hearing about your progress! Hugs, Kitty Kat
donnap
on 1/4/06 9:05 pm - Collinsville, VA
Welcome Jenn! I'm a Navy Mom with 2 sons in. One is heading to Iraq in the next few months after finishing training with a Marine Unit. He is a Hospital Corpsman in the Navy and will be a Medic with a Marine ground unit. I'd love to know how you got started as a medical coder! I was a medical assistant for 19 yrs. (worked the back with the docs and I've also managed an office, done extensive coding, insurance, billing, etc.) I'm looking for work that I can do from home. If you don't mind, would you drop me an e-mail with info? Thanks, hon. Donna P [email protected] (lowercase L, not the number 1)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views