Another stupid food question!

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/06 11:40 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi ya all! I know you get sick of me asking these lame questions, but like who else can I ask, you all are my buds, right!! Okay, so I got the Chinese food figured out, haven't done it yet, but feel comfortable making choices. Next question. Has anyone ever had a Smoothie King drink? We stopped there on Saturday and Greg got one and there were so many low carb, high protein, I wasn't sure. They looked yummy though. I just am not sure about sugar content, and the 'young' man behind the counter was even less sure!! donna
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/06 11:54 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Hey sweet Pea .. if the guy behind the counter does not know - than neither do you . Back away unless you want to take the chance of yaking all day .. And there is no dumb question when dealing with your heath .. food choices .. we are all hear to assist each other .. I cannot do Chineese .. I make my own ... Love ya .. Nat
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/06 4:59 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hey Pixie!! Yeah, I know - no dumb question! But I have to tell you some of the questions I've asked have been pretty 'out there'!! love donna
bevydiane
on 1/4/06 12:08 am - stafford, va
I used to be the Chinese Food Queen (before surgery). I've tried and tried to eat it in the last 14 months and I cannot. It makes me sick every time, no matter what I get to ea****ch out for the smoothies. I tried one of those things about a month ago. I thought I was doing a good thing with added protein. What a mistake! I felt like I had been hit by a train doing about 110. I was sick for an entire afternoon and night. I won't try it again. I wasn't putting the carbs and natural sugars in the fruit into my head for thought. All I could think was this is a nice way to get protein in. Fruit contains more sugar than most of us can handle. A little bit goes a long way. Take care, Beverly
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/06 5:01 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Beverly, well not much I can tell you about Chinese other than what's been told to me. Still haven't tried it. But thanks for the info on the smoothie!! That was exactly how I felt. It will be a long time before I try another one!! donna
Carole V.
on 1/4/06 12:10 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi Donna, I've never seen a Smoothie King in this area, yeah, I know, we're backwards. I did find the website for you, if you search around you'll find all the nutrition news. The low carb ones I looked at had 6 grams of carbs and 35 grams of protein, low fat but didn't list sugars, which couldn't be very high. Still, it's liquid, so it might not stay with you as long as solid food will, but is good for an extra boost of protein. I'd stay away from anything with "turbinado" in it, looks like that is very high sugar content. I also found the second website, which lists different kinds of smoothies and their nutrition content. You might also want to speak to the manager of the Smoothie King next time you're in there and just mention that their staff should be aware of the sugar grams (not just carb grams) in their drinks. http://www.smoothieking.com/ http://www.dietfacts.com/list.asp?brand=smoothie_king Carole
(deactivated member)
on 1/6/06 5:04 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Carole - you are so dang smart!! Now why didn't I think of looking online. It never entered my mind. Thanks for the information. Yeah, I think I will 'narc' the guy out!! He just seemed so cavaliere about the whole thing. I almost said, look dude, I will die right here in front of you and bleed all over your store if there is sugar, so do you want to rethink the 'I don't know' answer!! Oh well - youth is wonderful!! Thanks Carole!! donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views