Gastrogastric fistula update #2

elizabeth b-c
on 1/3/06 12:39 pm - Charlottesville, VA
I thought I'd keep you up to date on the ongoing soap opera...LOL. My PCP, surgeon and a doctor from the Mayo Clinic who specializes in bariatric surgery complications got together with me on a conference call this afternoon while I was in the PCP's office. They are all quite certain that the fistula will heal, given time. They do not want to operate right now as I am dehydrated but have no signs of infection. They have scheduled more testing on Monday in Richmond, and have recommended at least two more endoscopies in the next four to six months. They are going to follow the ulcer healing with repeat endoscopies. Good thing I don't mind them too much. So, things are better. I'm struggling to get enough fluid in, and my tummy still hurts a lot. They said the ulcers were really huge, which is what is causing the pain. Another interesting comment was that if 100 post-surgical RNYers are scoped at two months, over half will have ulcers, although some are silent and do not cause pain. Thanks for all the support...I really needed it over the holiday weekend. You gals and guys are fabulous! elizabeth 359/243/160 (down 116 in four months and four days...who'd have thought?)
A10sFrau
on 1/3/06 6:57 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hopefully the the end of the pain is in sight for you. I waved when I went by Charlottesville last night Lois
ElizabethC
on 1/3/06 9:30 pm - Wirtz, VA
Hang in there!!! Being dehydrated is NO fun, but sounds like you have a great team of professionals on your side The Other Elizabeth aka TOE
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/4/06 4:20 am - Danville, VA
Hon, I hope things get better soon and your ulcers heal really fast...do you smoke? My daughter has ulcers and was told it was due to smoking. YOu are doing wonderfully with the weight... Hugs, Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views