Please tell me...

spaceystacey
on 1/3/06 4:00 am - Littleton, NC
I am curious as to what a typical day is like for you. I am talking about vitamins, exercise and food. I've been stuck at 192 for at least three weeks now and I want to tweak things a bit in hopes of shaking off this stall. As for me... Vitamins (B complex, 2 b12, 2 boitin, viactiv, 1-a-day women's multi) protien drink b - 1/2 pkg low sugar oatmeal or 1 scrambled egg with cheese s - 2 triscuits with cheese l - cottage cheese and fruit or lunch meat or 1/3 lean cuisine-type dinner d - protien and veggie protien drink that's a typical day of food for me. I drink water throughout the day. As for exercise, well, I get on my treadmill for a fast walk/run for 40 min once every other day and do weight training on the off days. Thank you for sharing with me. I really need some new ideas and I am hoping that this will help! hugs, Stacey
Kathy & Rich
on 1/3/06 7:10 am - Fairfax, VA
That looks good! I really cannot suggest anything to change. Well, that is...except for the viactiv. Viactiv is calcium carbonate not calcium citrate. Calcium carbonate requires stomach acids in order to digest enough to be absorbed - RNYers don't have much or any stomach acids. Calcium citrate does not require stomach acids. As for me, I do 3 protein shakes a day (my choice - my doc recommends 2 - I do 30 grams per shake) and 3 meals a day. My meals are not unlike yours: two hard boiled eggs, deli meat and cheese, chicken/tuna salad, fish/meat and a vegie, etc. Sometimes I have an additional snack of 1 oz of nuts - depends on the day. I think you just need to hang tight and the weight will come off. I had the same scale reading for 3 weeks in a row before but then the scale moved again. You are doing excellent! Kathy
spaceystacey
on 1/4/06 8:35 am - Littleton, NC
Thank you so much, Kathy! Your encouraging words are very much appreciated! Thank you too for the advice about the calcium. While she was never told she had osteoperosis, my Grandmother took medication for it and had an obvious loss in height. I believe my mom has been started on medication too. My surgeon told me that calcium was not necessary, but I want to do everything I can to avoid problems further down the road. Anyway, sorry for rambling! I will be changing my calcium supplement. Thank you so much for the advice again! I really appreciate it! Stacey
(deactivated member)
on 1/3/06 7:13 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Stacey .. here is a day in the life of Pixie .. Keep in mind we all are at different phases in our journey . I am 19 months out .. but I do not mind sharing .. Breakfast - Nectar I start this at 0500 and take my vitamins with it . My vitamins consist of the following 1 Prenatal 1 . B - complex 2 Vit C 2 Zinc 1 Biotin 1 Omega 3 When I get to work .. I eat a yogurt with a about 1\2 cup of South Beach Cereal .. ( Yum ) Lunch - Some type of protein .. Deli Meat .. Tuna .. Turkey .. Chicken Veggies . ( I do not do white carbs .. I am diabetic .. ) So no Bread - Pasta or Sugar .. !!! Snack - Yes I do snack .. I am diabetic .. I have to keep my sugar in check .. so I may have some popcorn .. rice cakes with peanut butter .. some more deli meats .. or cheese and whole wheat - gluten free crackers .. Dinner - I make everything I eat - begin with good protiens .For instance tonight I will have Chicken Veggie Soup .. a couple of cheese bites thrown in for added protein . Maybe a salad if there is room or some fruit . Snack - More yogurt !! Maybe a rice cake w peanutbutter Before Bed .. Repeat the same - Nectar and Vitamins .. Through out the day .. I am drinking Chrystal Lite Peach tea or something caffine free . I do have 2 cups of coffee ... loaded !!! My treat .. The key to being successfull at this sweety is keeping good things in your pouch .. High protein foods .. veggies .. and if you can tolerate them some carbs . My caloric intake never goes over 1000 .. my carbs never over 30 and my fats never over 30 .. I do no sugar free dressings .. as they have added sugars and this gal dumps on everything .. I also will substitute a snack with a good protein bar .. I exersise daily .. I begin my day with some type of areobic work out .. I run .. or walk .. or just move my butt dancing !! Dancing is the best and so is swimming . I also do my calcium citrate during the day .. but never with my regular vitamins . Whoo now typing all of this was a work out ! Hope this helps you . Nat
Kathy & Rich
on 1/3/06 7:17 am - Fairfax, VA
Nat, Do you take iron? Kathy
donnap
on 1/3/06 3:43 pm - Collinsville, VA
Morning Nat, I'm almost 13 months out and am at goal having lost 116 pounds. My typical food intake is: B - low-carb yogurt smoothie (sweetened with Splenda I believe) or 1 egg scrambled with cheese & a dollop of salsa or 1 serving of crustless quiche or 1 serving of low-carb yogurt S - handful of cashews or peanuts L - ham & cheese roll-ups or quiche or leftover baked chicken, homemade veggie & beef soup, homemade chili, grilled chicken salad, egg salad, tuna salad, or anything similar S - handful of cashews or peanuts or yogurt D - protein & veggie or something as listed in lunch S - Don't always have one, but if I do it is usually nuts again. For a treat, I sometimes have a bit sugar-free, low-carb icecream. I drink bottled Dasani water, lemon & regular, and several cups of coffee throughout the day. I do take my supplements, similar to the other gals who've posted. I tend to eat low-carb most of the time as this is what my body tolerates best. Hang in there honey, you WILL go through slow times and then out of the blue you'll realize that you've dropped several pounds. I pretty much stood still after losing in the 70's, then began to drop the weight so quickly that I went from a size 12 to an 8 in a flash! One thing I did for myself was to ONLY weigh once a month the first few months, then twice a month until I got close to my goal. It was VERY tough to do, but I know that it helped to keep me out of the emotional rollercoaster I had lived in for so many years. Hugs to you, Donna P
spaceystacey
on 1/4/06 8:43 am - Littleton, NC
Wow, Nat. Thank you so much for sharing your routine with me! You gave me some really great ideas and I got some really great stuff when I went grocery shoping today. You are a true inspiration to me! Your words of wisdom have both here and in the past have helped me more than you will ever know. Thank you so much for everything you do! Stacey
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views