THE BIGGEST LOOSER

(deactivated member)
on 1/2/06 10:50 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
** Ranting here ----- **** I found myself watching this show last night . At first I was really excited to see these people working so hard to loose weight .. In the end there where 3 people - 2 men and 1 woman .. I was sitting there balling my eyes out when I heard the host Carolyn Rae say to the audiance .. " These people have lost a total of 600 lbs and they did not do it with diet gimmicks or THOSE latest surgeries .. they did it on their own the natural way .. " OK WHAT THE FRICK .. .. I did this on my own too . I was not blessed with my own nutricionist .. or personal trainer for 6 months like they where .. I did this on my own .. unlike these folks .. I selected my surgeon Picked the surgery that best fit my lifestyle and my need for weight loss . Had the surgery and yes it felt as natural as the day I was born . I picked this tool .. and it saved my life !!!! Not my big ole Booty !!! I just got really mad at her comment .. yea yea .. I know it is hollywood.. and they are so mis informed .. Ohhh... did I mention that few ever said they where doing this to get healthy .. it was all about having a good looking body or booty ?? I was going to Watch it again Weds Night .. but nope .. I think I will watch something else .. or nothing at all .. Shweeeeeeeeeew --- thanks for letting me rant .. Pix
nitengale
on 1/3/06 2:01 am - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
Hey Pix, I watched the entire marathon and cried with them as well but when Caroline made that comment I was ready to choke her!!! (Not to mention what I wanted to do to her wig!!!) Glad to know I wasn't the only one that got a nerve plucked!!! See ya in a couple of weeks, Wanda
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/3/06 7:00 am - Danville, VA
Hey, Nat, I think that Carolyn needs to get on some program...enough said. Hugs, Betsy
Kennie29
on 1/3/06 12:30 pm - Chesapeake, VA
All I have to say in response is AMEN!! The ppl that go on these shows, get these high paid ppl to cook for them, train them as far as cardio and everything and if they were able to do it on their own, they would not have applied for the show, they would be applying for WLS!!! I say thumbs down to her and that comment, she does not know because she has never walked a mile in any of OUR shoes. I am sure if we were to go on the show also, we would be in those peoples shoes, successful!!!!! Kennie
ElizabethC
on 1/3/06 9:37 pm - Wirtz, VA
Betsy, you gave me the biggest giggle of my day so far...I was JUST thinking the same thing!! IMHO, anyone who has the courage the say "enough is enough" and take control of their health is a winner!! That's another thing I don't like about that show...a contest to see who the BIGGEST LOSER is?! Shouldn't it be about EVERYONE being a WINNER?? I've been called a loser enough in my life (by "people" I no longer associate with), and know better!! Elizabeth C
Jo R.
on 1/4/06 6:27 am - Blackstone, VA
I dont even watch those shows because it makes me so mad. Like surgery is the easy way out? They are the same people that think child birth should be drug free likely(as in Tom couch jumper). Have they shot a watermellon outa their nose lately? LOL!! Its like the girly magz....if I had a guy to do my hair and makeup, and the right lighting and airbrush, I could be Ms.January too. ~Jo
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views