Daily Post: January 3rd

Kitty Kat
on 1/2/06 8:42 pm - Richmond, VA
Morning VA Buggas! How'd we do yesterday? As for me the Rain flew away for a bit so I walked 2 miles and by the end of the day I got in 71 oz. of fluids (yes, the good ones), all my vits and just about all my protein. So? How will you move your body today? I plan on another 2 mile walk provided the Rain allows it. If not, I will surely be a house cleaning freak! Are/have you taking/taken your vitamins? Am about to pop my am ones right now! Are/have you getting/gotten in your fluids? Currently: working on my 24 oz. of 7-11 coffee then switching to Fruit Punch Crystal Light Are/have you getting/gotten in your foods (and the good ones)? Have yet to eat breakfast but will after I finish my coffee! Hugs, Kitty Kat
donnap
on 1/2/06 8:52 pm - Collinsville, VA
Good morning Kat! Ah, sounds like I've found a fellow coffee-lover! I'm on cup #2 and will start my water soon. Coffee ALWAYS comes first for me. I'm a true coffee-holic. Luckily, my surgeon is too, so he understands! Breakfast will be some cottage cheese. NOT my favorite thing on earth, but the protein count is better than my usual low-carb smoothie I have for breakfast. Vitamins then. Lunch will be a portion of quiche I made yesterday. It is a lovely concoction including sun-dried tomatoes & feta cheese - no crust. Dinner, I'm not sure about yet. I also made a ham & cheese, crustless quiche yesterday, so I may have that. My husband LOVES this. I'll be hitting my treadmill this afternoon and maybe my recumbant bike. Everyone, have a blessed day! Donna P At goal, down 116 pds. RNY 11/17/05
Kitty Kat
on 1/2/06 9:00 pm - Richmond, VA
Mornin'! Yep, me likes me coffee 1st! Yep, my surgeon is fine with me drinking it as well being that I get in other fluids to make up for it. Ewww! You are on your own with cottage cheese! Have a great day! Hugs, Kitty Kat
wanda
on 1/2/06 10:22 pm
Donna, The crustless quiche with ham and cheese sounds yummy. Are you willing to share the recipe? I'd love to try it! ~Wanda
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/06 9:05 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Kat - Lessee - some of this will be relatively easy to answer: Vitamins? ...always, every day, have NEVER missed even ONE day since my surgery. It's far too important to my long term health. Below is the stuff I'm taking on a daily basis. The first two years after surgery, I had labs done every six months. Now, at 3+ years post-op, I have a full Chem-25 ran once a year. * 1 Prenatal w/iron (script from the doc) + 1 Multi Vitamin * B-12 Injections mo. 1000 mg - I give them to myself (script) * B-12 Sublingual - every other day (recently added this) * 1 Trinsicon Iron capsule (script) * Ester-C taken WITH my Iron - 1000 mg * Calcium Citrate (w/Magnesium and D) - 2000 mg * Zinc - 100 mg - daily (personal choice) * B-Complex - daily (personal choice) Water? ...Ive been very lax on that lately - used to do a minimum of a 100 oz. a day, been substituting it for too much coffee and that's changed as of the New Years vows. So far today - 32 oz, 68 more to go. Exercise? ...LOL, uh a SLUG moves more then me (lately) with the exception of all the MALL shopping and all the dancing on the weekends. Ugh - I still hate the "E" word! Breakfast? ...I drink mine in the form of a protein shake, it's half way gone! Okay - I think I covered all your questions, if not, I'm probably avoiding it on purpose? Hope you're doing well? ...can't wait to finally meet you at the conference. Hugs - Lei
Kitty Kat
on 1/2/06 9:10 pm - Richmond, VA
OMG! WTH have you been you beautiful woman you? I am SO excited to see your post! H A P P Y N E W Y E A R! Thanks for posting your responses as you KNOW it will help many here! LOL! SLUG! Trust me I've been a slug and slower (if there is somethin' THAT dang slow)! Dancing is my friend just ask Dianna and Nat ! Besides it burns calories right? Hugs to you pretty lady and I can't wait either! Kitty Kat
donnap
on 1/2/06 10:41 pm - Collinsville, VA
Wanda, I'd be happy too! I've got to get off of here for a few hours, but I'll post the recipe for you (here) this afternoon. I'll post my FAVORITE crustless quiche recipe too - Deep Dish Pizza Quiche. YUM! My husband LOVES this one too.
wanda
on 1/3/06 2:23 am
Thank you, thank you, thank you Donna!
donnap
on 1/3/06 3:20 am - Collinsville, VA
Wanda, here you go. These are crustless & low-carb, good protein and husband-friendly! Enjoy! Ham & Cheese Quiche 4 oz. Cream cheese softened to room temp. 4 eggs 1/4 Cup Parmesean cheese (type in shaker container) 1/3 Cup Heavy whipping cream (make sure it is marked HEAVY cream) 1 teaspoon dried minced onion 1 pkg. diced ham chunks - approx. 1 1/2 Cups (Sorry, I don't recall the brand. I find this at several groceries in the meat section or where lunch meat is.) 2 Cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese 1 Cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese Pinch of salt & pepper Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9" square glass baking dish with vegetable spray. Place 2 Cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese in dish. In an electric mixer, on low speed, blend eggs & softened cream cheese until well blended. (Will look gloppy, this is normal.) Add heavy cream, parmesean cheese, minced onion & salt & pepper. Mix well on medium speed for about 40 seconds. By hand, fold in ham. Using a spatula, pour the ham mixture over the cheddar cheese. Don't stir, but using the back of the spatula, gently press down (& lightly spread if needed to evenly distribute ham) the liquid so that all cheese is moistened. Sprinkle 1 Cup of finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese over top. Bake in center of the oven for 30 - 33 mins. or until golden on top. Remove from oven & cool on wire rack for 5 - 7 mins. before cutting. Cover cooled, remaining quiche & cover with foil & refrig, or cut into servings and wrap with plastic wrap, then place in ziplock bag & freeze. Deep Dish Pizza Quiche 4 oz. Cream cheese - softened to room temperature 4 eggs 1/4 C Parmesean cheese (I use the type that has basil in it.) 1/3 Cup heavy whipping cream 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic (type in jar) 2 Cups shredded Italian cheese (I also like the type with basil & garlic added) 1 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese 1/4 Cup tomato sauce (I use a bit more) Toppings: (use any or all of these) I cut approx. 12 slices of pepperoni up into 4 pieces per slice I also use 1/4 of a medium sweet onion, sauteed in pat of butter Mushroom slices (from a jar) Feta cheese sliced black olives bacon cooked crisp & crumbled Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9" square glass pan with vegetable spray. Put 2 cups of shredded Italian cheese into dish. Using an electric mixer, mix eggs with cream cheese until as smooth as possible (will still be a bit gloppy). Add cream, parmesean cheese, garlic & Italian seasoning & blend. Pour egg mixture over top of cheese and press down, gently, with the back of a spatula until all cheese is moistened. Bake for 30 - 33 mins. until lightly browned on top. Remove from oven and spread tomato sauce on top of hot quiche. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top, then add your toppings. Return to oven and bake for an additional 8 - 10 mins. or until a knife inserted in the center comes out fairly clean. Let the quiche cool on a wire rack for 10 mins. before cutting. Refrig or freeze leftovers. Feta, Sun-dried tomato & Mushroom Quiche (Also good if you add approx. 1 Cup of chopped, pre-cooked chicken.) 4 oz. cream cheese softened to room temperature 4 eggs 1/4 cup Parmesean / Romano cheese blend 1/3 Cup heavy whipping cream 2 Cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese with sun-dried tomatoe (I use Sargento brand) 4 - 6 oz. Feta cheese - crumbled 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic (in a jar) 4 oz. can of sliced mushrooms - drained very well 8 pieces of Sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (I use type in a jar packed in oil) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9" square glass baking dish with vegetable spray. Place Mozzarella cheese in baking dish. Using an electric mixer, blend eggs & cream cheese as well as possible. (Will still be gloppy) On low speed, blend in whipping cream, parmesean / romano cheese, garlic & mushrooms. Pour mixture over Mozz. cheese. Use spatula to gently press down the mixture so that all Mozz. cheese is moistened. Crumble Feta cheese over top of quiche. Sprinkle chopped sun-dried tomatoes over top. Place in oven & bake for 32 mins. or until lightly golden. Cool on wire rack for 10 mins. before cutting. Refrig or freeze leftovers. ENJOY!
wanda
on 1/4/06 2:47 am
Thanks Donna! I can't wait to try these!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views