It has been awhile since my last post

MaLora K.
on 1/2/06 8:14 pm - Vinton, VA
I just wanted to say Happy New Year to everyone. I have been extremely busy over the last couple of months and have not be able to post. I am 4 1/2 months out and I am doing great. I am down 75 pounds. I never thought I would be saying that. I was able to shop for my kids this year and not be in pain. My feet and ankles are loving me!!!! I was wondering if anyone knew what the average weight lose is for your 6 month checkup? My doctor wanted me to be down 100lbs. I am beginning to worry about this- Yes I know it is crazy because I have lost 75 pounds but I am worring about not reaching the doctor's goal. If you knew my doctor you would understand. Bless his heart, I love him to death but He is a little intimidating. Thanks for all of the support MaLora
donnap
on 1/2/06 8:29 pm - Collinsville, VA
Morning MaLora, (GREAT name!) I'm not sure if there is truly an "average" or not. I would think that it depends on the person, activity level, starting weight, etc. Sounds to me like you are doing WONDERFULLY well! The weight WILL come off, so try not to worry if you don't meet your doctor's goal. Hugs! Donna
MaLora K.
on 1/3/06 5:23 am - Vinton, VA
I feel like I am doing great. I guess I just need some confirmation. I have not been able to attend my support group because I have classes on the same night. I kind of judge how I am doing by the group. It's hard to believe that I am worring after losing what I have. Before the surgery I couldn't lose 5 pounds in 5 months and here I am worried about not losing 100 lbs in 6 months. I must be crazy. Thanks for the support. MaLora
yvette223
on 1/2/06 8:29 pm - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
Congrats on the 75 you have lost. i think that is wonderful. yvette
MaLora K.
on 1/3/06 5:25 am - Vinton, VA
Thank You!!! MaLora
corynva
on 1/2/06 9:22 pm - Roanoke, VA
You are doing great........I don't think there is an average.....the more you have to lose, the faster you lose it. Sounds like you're doing a great job.......just keep plugging at it and it'll alllllllllllll disappear before you know it....... Cory
MaLora K.
on 1/3/06 5:27 am - Vinton, VA
Thanks for the support. I feel so much better. I will keep plugging at it. It is all so amazing. MaLora
Carole V.
on 1/3/06 1:24 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey MaLora, First off, stop worrying please. It won't make you lose any faster, but it might increase the worry lines in your face LOL. You've got a good 6 to 8 weeks before weigh-in, so more than likely you will get a lot closer to that 100 lbs. Second, if your doc gives you any grief over not reaching exactly 100 lbs lost in 6 months, you can tell him he may be a great surgeon but he is not that good a doctor. Tell him I said so! And he can call my doc, Dr. Stephen Wohlgemuth, if he wants any pointers on how to treat his patients. Numbers are not that important, and are certainly not the complete statement on success after WLS. Now get out there and enjoy your success so far. Carole
MaLora K.
on 1/3/06 5:30 am - Vinton, VA
Thank You so much. I do need to enjoy my success. I am going to try to stop worring about the doctor's goal. I am doing just fine!!!! MaLora
corynva
on 1/3/06 6:12 am - Roanoke, VA
You are doing better than fine....you are doing great......and you are right, it's amazing...kinda like a baby discovering their toes and fingers for the first time.....I know it had been a long time since I saw my toes and it was wonderful......the first time I felt my collar bones and my ribs while laying down.....I scared my hubby with the excitement.....keep the excitement........
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views