Happy 2nd Day of 2006!!

Smukums
on 1/2/06 10:10 am - Richmond, VA
Good Evening Everyone!! Hope everyone has had a great day - I did - spent it with my husband all day and his family. I was thinking about a few things on the way home : 1. What is the best way to test out some of the protein drinks that are out there? I haven't been approved yet - i am in the appeals process right now- but I am trying to prepare as best as I can. I would have to admit i am close minded when trying new things so that is a new years resolution of mine to change that. Is there anywhere I can go buy a few sample products and try them before hand? 2. I have read about this conference and I am assuming it is too late to go this year - do they have them each year? Sounds like a lot of fun! 3. Would anyone be interested in getting together here in richmond for dinner - i would sure love to meet some of you guys! Well i just thought I would post some thoughts and questions - I hope everyone is having a great evening!! ~ Nicole
wanda
on 1/2/06 10:39 am
Hi Nicole! You may want to email David at [email protected] to see if you can still get into the conference. It isn't an annual thing, so you may want to see if you can get in. I'd love to get together with some Richmonders for dinner. I haven't gotten to meet anyone in person yet, and would love to meet you and get to know you and share information. Have a good day! ~Wanda
TammyNVA
on 1/2/06 11:18 am - Chesterfield, VA
I'd be up for getting together. I'm going to try out Natalie's WLS group this Thursday (I think it's in Hopewell.) Wanda, you and I can't live far from one another since we both are in Chesterfield, AND, we are the same age (read your profile.) Email me... I'm still home since WLS 11/29 but will be returning to work next week Tuesday. Tammy
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/2/06 6:54 pm - Danville, VA
Nicole...The meet and greet on Friday night before the conference is an individual thing. I think everyone in meeting in the lobby of the hotel at 7:30? Not real sure of the time but you could meet up with us there... Hugs, Betsy
Smukums
on 1/2/06 8:13 pm - Richmond, VA
Hmmm that might be an idea. Is there a website for information regarding the conference? Thanks! Nic
elizabeth b-c
on 1/2/06 8:24 pm - Charlottesville, VA
Hi, Nic, and welcome. I am also a patient of Dr. Shroder's, and had my surgery at St. Mary's a little over four months ago. I tried many different protein drinks - I was not a fan of them either. The nutritionists at St. Mary's recommend sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfast with dry milk powder added. I wasn't fond of that, either. It all tastes like chemicals to me. I make my own drinks with tofu, yogurt, soy mil**** vanilla extract or cocoa powder, splenda and small amounts of fruit. Much better, and I know what goes in the darn things. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress. elizabeth 359/254/160
(deactivated member)
on 1/2/06 8:38 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Nicole - Your best route is probably going to be trying SAMPLES right off the bat - most of this protein stuff tastes like absolute crap ...uh, and that's cause I'm sugar coating it. BUT, that all being said - I'm a firm believer it's going to keep ME healthy, long term. I'm 3 years post op and a DISTAL Bypass - which means I mal-absorb more and for a longer period of time verses the typical RNY patient. For that very reason, I will forever choke back my protein shakes, for life. It was a small sacrifice for all the rewards that came with losing the weight and gaining my life. One great place for samples is www.vitalady.com Michelle Curran, the lady who operates this site and her husband are BOTH Gastric bypass patients, 11 years Post Op, and are a WEALTH of experience and information. When you finally find some varieties of protein you can "handle" then start shopping around for a bulk price, much more cost effective. A good site for that is www.froogle.com - type in the name of the product and froogle brings up all the options listed by PRICES available. The smaller (self owned) sites tend to charge you TWICE what the bulk sites charge. Although in a perfect world, it would be nice to continue to support fellow weight loss patients who now OWN "bariatric money making sites" ...my cash flow is too important to me. Since I committed to make these changes for LIFE, I need a cost effective way to make that happen. BULK purchases does that! Here are some sites I currently use or have used in the past (keep in mind, this data is 90 days old and prices might have changed). http://www.dpsnutrition.net AT DPSNutrition a FIVE lb jug is $23.99 with a flat rate shipping of $4.90 - regardless of weight. Free if your order is over a $100 http://www.allsportsnutrition.com At AllSportsNutrition a FIVE (5) lb jug is $22.09 with a flat rate shipping of $6.95 - regardless of weight. Free if your order is over a $100 https://www.muscleshoppe.com At MuscleShoppe a FIVE (5) lb jug is $24.00 with a flat rate shipping of $5.50 - regardless of weight. Free if your order is over a $100. Good luck with your proteins, you're WORTH IT! - Lei
Smukums
on 1/2/06 9:28 pm - Richmond, VA
Thank you so much! You guys are so helpful!! I am going to start searching those sights and see what kinds are appealing or tolerable.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views